Coach Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gene

I  have been looking at D/P coaches and would like to hear from folks who have owned them.  The units I have liked best are Travel Supreme, Newmar Dutch Star, Allegro Bus, or the Monaco units.  I live in northeastern Minnesota so distance to service is a factor as it seems most people go to the factories for any major service. 

Gene  Any of the 4 you've listed are very fine coaches and I doubt very much if you'd go wrong with any of them.  Might I suggest you add one to the mix that being the American Coach products,  Tradition, Dream, and Eagle.  In the past year I came real close to purchasing an American Dream and I've recently looked very strong at the Tiffin, Allegro.  Those 2 would be my personal choices, however as previously stated, All are great units.  Yes, many here on the forum prefer factory delivery and service when possible,  The techs there deal with things on individual basis and the same things constantly whereas, dealerships tinker on a variety of things on different units.  As the old saying goes, Dealerships mechs are jacks of all trades and master of none.  Besides if they were any good the factories would recruit them  or they goes into business on their own and then their ruination begins.  Just my observation of the situation of many years RVing.  Good luck on your choices and as you've exhibited here, don't be afraid to ask questions of this very knowledgeable group.

Shayne pretty well summed it up.  You are looking at fine rigs - good luck with your shopping.

For what its worth, this experienced RVer just bought a 2004 American Tradition. We live in it about 180 days/year. Monacos, including Holiday Rambler, Beaver & Safari, were also on our short list.

Shayne and Gary pretty well summed it up, all 4 manufacturers are excellent choices. My major reason for staying away from the American line is that it's price points for similar coaches are much higher. Travel Supreme, Newmar and Monaco all have factory service in NW Indiana making them more convenient to you than Tiffin in Alabama. tho Tiffin does an excellent job of providing service. We've had our TS for nearly 5 years now, traveling over 7 months a year and have 69k miles on it now. Still haven't seen another coach that we like better. Well, OK, we kind of lust for a Newell, but don't have $1.25 million to plunk down ;D

Back
Top Bottom