Coachman Catalina Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stell

Also looking at a 1995 Coachman Catalina series to buy....it is in great shape with low miles and 460 Ford engine......Does anyone own one and what are your experiences with it?  Good...Bad...etc.  Thanks

The Coachmen should be ok. Check everything out and make sure everything is working properly. Being able to view the maintenance records would be nice.

It's the 460 you have to look out for. They have broken a lot of manifold bolts on that engine. All due to the design and excessive heat. I think that if they would have slotted the bolt holes they wouldn't have snapped the bolts off when they expanded.  But then again thats my opinion. But I'm no design engineer.

I had a 1996 460 that performed flawlesly with our 20,000 lb rig.  The only endemic problem I am aware of with late model 460's is fuel pump failure at about 35,000 miles.  Ford finally corrected that problem in early 1996.

Had a 93 Coachman Catilina Special MB340 with 460 Ford, Ran like a scalded dog. the Air Suspention wasn't that good and it handled terribly in windy areas. Tried everything to no avail. A lot of delam and problems with metal welds braking. Re-welded most everything. and then traded for Pace Arrow with tag axle.  This unit costs more to operate, but gee what a pleasure to drive even with a 24ft enc. car hauler with a Lincoln inside.

Sorry, I overlooked your Question.  Up under the hood and most all the components near the frame. Had to remove the grill to reweld the plates that supported the hydraulic tank and the cross beams at the frame. 

Back
Top Bottom