CoachNet Subscription

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi Guys

Following everyones advice, we have decided to join with CoachNet.

But, is there an easy way to join ?

We got a free FMCA membership from Lazydays, but were told it would take around 90 days to activate and to receive the member number. We obviously dont want to wait 90 days before joing CoachNet.

There doesn't seem to be a way to join CoachNet unless you are a member of a club.

Am I missing the easy way to join ?

Thanks
Paul

PS Whilst Im here, would you advise buying a spare tire for the coach - what about a complete spare wheel ? thanks.

Paul,

As I mentioned in an earlier discussion, a number of manufacturers pay the first year's subscription to CoachNet. I didn't know this until I called CoachNet to sign up. All they needed was the make, model and unit number of my coach. There was a brochure for CN in my owner's package with the coach, but the free subscription wasn't obvious until CN told me on the phone.

caltex' message raises the idea that maybe you could get LazyDays to pay for it to help compensate you for some of the hassle you've endured.

I'm not aware of a requirement to be a member of a club in order to get signed up for CoachNet, but I've been known to be wrong.

One does not have to be a member of FMCA to sign up for Coachnet but members do receive a price reduction as I recall.  When you talk to Ken Ware ask him about it.

I have been a member of FMCA for several years, and am also a subscriber to Coach Net. It is correct that membership in FMCA is not required to join Coach Net. If the dealer, however, provided you with a one year membership you might try the FMCA web site - www.fmca.com and email them for a membership number. They can also verify your membership and get you information for the membership discount at Coach Net. You can also call FMCA at 800-543-3522 for more information, the people there a great.

Call Coach-net Customer Services at 1-877-801-0333 and ask them if you can just join, or if they have a program for some "club" you already belong too (possible Lazy Days customers or Fleetwood/Expedition owners "clubs").

Also try calling FMCA about activating your membership right away. It may take 90 days to receive the plaque of ryou RV, but I think you get your member number very quickly.  Call the FMCA Membership Services Department toll-free, (800) 543-3622.

Paul

IIRC, the Expedition is on a Freightliner chassis. Freightliner gives you a 3 year warranty which may include towing. Call Freightliner 800-FTL-HELP and double check. If you have a Spartan chassis, a 2 year Coach Net policy is included.

"PS Whilst Im here, would you advise buying a spare tire for the coach - what about a complete spare wheel ?"

Paul,

I never found the need for one. Most truck service centers keep tires in stock for emergency situations. They will be the ones you would call, if by chance you had a flat. You can also contact a local supplier of your coaches tires, and purchase road hazard insurance for small fee. Use the extra space for storage of all the souvenirs you will collect on your travels. ;D

UK-RV said:
PS Whilst Im here, would you advise buying a spare tire for the coach - what about a complete spare wheel ? thanks.

Call Bernie and get a Pressure Pro system instead of a spare tire. You will have a much better piece of mind, and more room, than lugging around a spare tire.

Kenneth,

Based on inputs from others here, I didn't worry about a spare tire when we bought this coach. Also, my Monaco owners manual says they specifically don't put spares on their coaches because of the need for professional installation and the possibility of personal injury.

After we used our spare, we didn't replace it but did keep the wheel.  Those are expensive :)

A monitoring system like the Pressure Pro may help you avoid a blowout and the need for a spare.

>>I never found the need for one. Most truck service centers keep tires in stock for emergency situations. They will be the ones you would call, if by chance you had a flat. You can also contact a local supplier of your coaches tires, and purchase road hazard insurance for small fee. Use the extra space for storage of all the souvenirs you will collect on your travels. <<

I've got one in my coach, only because it was there when I bought it, and because there is a special place for it over the LP tank which is too open for anything that couldn't resist the weather.

Woody

Thanks Guys (again)

My worry with the tire is suffering a flat whilst in Alaska or somewhere and having to wait for (or be towed to) the local garage, who may charge inflated [sorry] price for a new tire, due to their location and supply.

I can get a tire at the Sams Club situated 100yrds from the KOA we're at in Kissimmee.

Would you still maintain that I would be OK to travel Alaskan roads without a spare ?

Thanks
Paul

We do not have a spare and I would not obtain one even if going to Alaska.  I am not aware of any of the framily that have done the Alaska trip that bought a spare for a trip to Alaska. 

Paul

>>Would you still maintain that I would be OK to travel Alaskan roads without a spare ?<<

I'm taking a spare when we travel to Alaska/Canada this summer.? Two of us use the same size & it is difficult to get this tire even in the lower 48.

I was in AK in 2003 for a Fairbanks High School 50th reunion.  In general, outside of cities you will be on good 2-4 lane blacktop road all the way -- bar construction zones.  The lack of settlement between towns keeps the junk on the highways down.  If you plan to do expeditions on things like the 500 miles of gravel on the Dalton Hwy to the Arctic Ocean a spare would be good insurance.  Other than that a spare is a bit of luxury it seems.   

Carl Lundquist said:
If you plan to do expeditions on things like the 500 miles of gravel on the Dalton Hwy to the Arctic Ocean a spare would be good insurance.  Other than that a spare is a bit of luxury it seems.

I would NOT recommend anyone taking an RV up the Dalton. If you want to drive up the Dalton (haul road) get with some friends and rent a suburban. Leave your RV in Fairbanks.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
I would NOT recommend anyone taking an RV up the Dalton. If you want to drive up the Dalton (haul road) get with some friends and rent a suburban. Leave your RV in Fairbanks.

Now there is a recommendation from folks that have lived in Alaska. Better take the advice. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom