Cold and depressed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JIGGS

I'm in Western pa and today it's 20 degrees outside. Last night I found some pitcures of camping and other summer fun. It's too cold to pack up and go camping.
So tell me where you are and the temp.  I just want to think about camping not freezing my _______.  off.      Thanks and hope to hear from you.  JIGGS 

Dont this it would help ya a lot but I am in Central Eastern Utah and the temp is 25 right now but with the sun a shining it feels a bit warmer than that.

I second that, Jiggs!  :'(  I'm in Boise and you don't want to know the temp, here. Almost as warm as you!

For a suggestion, I've been following the escapades of the traveling crowd, down south. Problem is, they haven't been all that warm, either!  :) The chatter, however, has been fascinating and I have to join in on some of that, as soon as I get the final version of our traveling system together.

Hope some folks chime in with nice temps and good times, for the benefit of our fantasies. That would be you, me, and I see utmtman has joined us from sunny Utah.  ;D

Ray D

We're in Quartzsite, AZ, and it's sunny and about 65F at the moment.  Should get even warmer this afternoon.

Look in the Rally Section, 1st line, Quartzsite 2007.  Lots of pics showing us going from heavy jackets/hoods, to sweatshirts/vests, to short sleeves, all in a week's time.  Fascinating country, and temps have finally gone up to about normal for QZ at this time of the year.  We are enjoying it........  Plan on coming down NEXT January and join us.  Surely the weather will not repeat it's cold side two years in a row....

JIGGS said:
I'm in Western pa and today it's 20 degrees outside. Last night I found some pitcures of camping and other summer fun. It's too cold to pack up and go camping.
So tell me where you are and the temp.  I just want to think about camping not freezing my _______.  off.       Thanks and hope to hear from you.  JIGGS   

The Mtn Views campground in Creede CO has been running about 40 below with a warm sunny day up to maybe 23 below.

Here near Cocoa, Florida, it got up to 73 or so today.  Monday night is supposed to be the coldest of the Winter so far -- about 33 degrees.

Same boat as you,
Here in RI fell on my ___ this morning deck was sheet of ice.  So yea its cold.  But we are so close to spring and signs of camping I am ready

We are also in western PA and my computer weather bug reads 10 degrees tonight!  We are heading south in a couple of weeks....we need some SUN!  

We left Quartzsite this afternoon and are now sitting at Coach Care in Avondale, just outside of Phoenix. The windows and door are open and it's 70 degrees at 8:30 pm. It's not quiet but the temp feels wonderful. Unfortunately, tomorrow we'll be heading home to Cortez, Colorado, where the high yesterday was 32.

Wendy
Avondale, Arizona

Just for fun I went to open the door to the motor home. I just wanted to take a quick look inside a day dream of warm weather and camping. That almost was a big no no. I grabbed the door handle with out a glove and my hand stuck. It was only for a second or two but long enough to say oh no.                                                                                                   
blueblood said:
The Mtn Views campground in Creede CO has been running about 40 below with a warm sunny day up to maybe 23 below.                                                                                                                          blueblood if you are camping in weather like that I know were you got your name. my name would be blue____   if I was there.

Penitas, Tx.  It was sunny most of today and a highof around 62.  Low tonite around 55 maybe some rain.  Gee my hand didn't freeze to anything. lol
I must admit there have been quite a few cool nights lately in the 40's.  BUT, no snow.
Leo

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Did they get your generator fixed and what was wrong?

NO!!!
The techno-dummy (that's me) version of what's wrong with the genset is that the brushes were dirty and that caused the PC board to fail. They wanted over $1200 to fix it and $900 of that was labor to pull the generator out of the coach. Mike figures he can pull it out for a lot less than that. If nothing else, we'll just keep going places where the sunshine can keep our solar panels happy.

Wendy
cold in Colorado

Oh my gosh....I was so hoping the generator fix was something simple.  Go south, girl.

We made it home in record time....I drove.  ;D  Today it's cool and rainy. 
I have my Mexican train gals coming over here tomorrow, so I had to get the house somewhat presentable and go to the grocery store.  It's suppose to pour here tonight and tomorrow.  I figured chilli would be a good lunch for them.  If I'm not careful I'll end up using the "Chicken Feet" Rules instead of Mexican Train.  For those reading, these are dominos games.

Note to Everyone:  Tim and I were so glad we could at least get to Quartzsite for a few days.  Our original plan was to arrive Wednesday and leave Saturday afternoon.  We were having so much fun that we cancelled some committments and stayed until Monday morning.  Thanks to Bob, Heleine and Betty for doing all you do to make all of us feel so welcomed. 

Marsha~

They as well as others sure don't get enough praise and recognition for their efforts, that's for sure.  Sorry we missed the Sat Pot Luck and after we wasted our time on the Park Model deal  it didn't come off yet.  Now I'm really upset about not making it to the Q

wendycoke said:
NO!!!
The techno-dummy (that's me) version of what's wrong with the genset is that the brushes were dirty and that caused the PC board to fail. They wanted over $1200 to fix it and $900 of that was labor to pull the generator out of the coach. Mike figures he can pull it out for a lot less than that. If nothing else, we'll just keep going places where the sunshine can keep our solar panels happy.

Wendy

I wish I knew where you were headed. Coach Care/Avondale has been on my NO, NO, NO list for almost a year now. I went there for an oil change on my generator when they first opened the new facility to see how they were. I found out when they tried to give me a bill for $300. I now bad mouth them to everyone. :mad:

BernieD said:
Wendy

I wish I knew where you were headed. Coach Care/Avondale has been on my NO, NO, NO list for almost a year now. I went there for an oil change on my generator when they first opened the new facility to see how they were. I found out when they tried to give me a bill for $300. I now bad mouth them to everyone. :mad:

Well, they're now on my NO NO NO list. And we've been to other Coach Care places and liked them quite well (Cincinnati Ohio was great). Guess they have to pay for that nice, spacious Avondale facility somehow. We thought the repair would be under warranty but found out that while part of the generator were under a 3-year warranty, the electronic parts only had a 2-year warranty (we bought in November 2004).

Wendy
cold in Cortez

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom