Coleman 2715 RL low point drains ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not give up yet. I suppose anything is possible, but I would bet you are just overlooking them. Mine are at the very back, and yes, I have to lay on the ground on a piece of cardboard to get to them.

look underneath the trailer below the bathroom for one and somewhere near the water tank fresh water fill for the another.

The best way to look for where they exit the RV from under it. There could be 2 or 3 as you should also have a tank drain. Most RVs will have both but there is a chance that you only have the tank drain. What you are looking for is something like one of these. They could have caps or valves on the ends or the valves could be above.
1667056211397.png 1667056242821.png

Well I have crawled around and inspected every square inch under the trailer and I found nothing, next step is to call Camping World where I bought the trailer (I know, good luck). I have to say the manual I had for my Jayco was very detailed compared to this Coleman.

Hello All, I have a 2022 and can't locate the drains does that mean it doesn't have them ?

It may be that your trailer does not have the drains. I just logged on to the Dutchmen website and looked at the owners manual for your model. The manual section has a generic manual for winterizing the trailer water system. And also a larger manual for the RV itself.

Attachments

• shurflo-water-system-winterization-procedure.pdf
    340.7 KB · Views: 3
Yeah I'm pretty convinced at this point that the low point drains don't exist. When I have time I will try calling Camping World but they suck at getting back to you.

Went on a Dutchman forum and was directed to the location of the drains, next to the frame below the bathroom sink. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

There may be another drain for the fresh water holding tank, look next to the filler, a foot or two in.

Also, I forgot to mention the water heater bypass valve. I'm in sunny southern Cal so I have never winterized my RVs but it's my understanding is that when winterizing, the WH bypass valve is set to isolate the water heater after draining the lines. The water heater is then drained on it's own. In my RV, the valve is accessible from the inside. I open a cabinet door and get on my hands and knees with a flashlight to locate it.

I'm not sure if this is really necessary.

Others more familiar can correct me or add to the method.

I knew about the fresh water drain because originally I put the antifreeze in that tank because that was how I did it with my Jayco, the Coleman has the bypass so that you can pull the fluid directly from the gallon jug. I also knew about the heater bypass from my Jayco. I also pumped antifreeze into the blackwater flush and the city water inlet. This is probably overkill because it really doesn't get super cold on Long Island . Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom