Coleman Mach AC upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acalklins1957

So the front AC unit has started to go. Doesn't cool anywhere near the same as the rear one. Cleaned the filter and the cooling fins up above. That seemed to help a little but not much. My model is 8633b6796. I searched for a replacement and it gives me 48208C969. This is a 13.5k unit. I was wondering if I could get a 15k replacement because this is a 40 ft coach and mid summer it would be nice to have a little more cooling power.

I see no reason why you could not upgrade to the 15k unit. I had a 36' gas class A that had 2 air conditioners and 50A service and mine had 15k in front and 13.5k in the rear.

If you are replacing COLEMAN with COLEMAN then you need only the upper unit to upgrade from 13.5 to 15KBTU. The process.. Remove ceiling grill. Remove 5 bolts, Unplug umbicial(s) between upper and lower.
Go topside (Take a broom) Remove upper unit and lower to ground (NOTE I've been known to use the express method (Throw it over the edge making sure it does not hit any person or thing)

Carefully lift new upper unit up (It weighs about 90 pounds) change the gasket (Toss the old one) position upper unit (two person job a SPOTTER and a Mover) plug in umbicals, insert and tighten 4 bolts to mark (Per instructions) replace ceiling cover done. (except for clean up)

Oh the broom. May want to sweep the area after removal of old unit.

Replacing NON-coleman with Coleman.> bit more involved as you need to work on the LOWER unit as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom