Comments on Gulfstream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patnernie

We too are looking for our first MH - We have found a used 99-Gulfstream 40` Tourmaster for 148K at a local dealer that we like - Would anyone comment about the good/bad/ugly? We were actually hoping to find a newer model of any brand but really like the floorplan in this Gulfstream -  We are enjoying the website so much and everyone contributes such  helpful info --  we have sooo much to learn -Going to the Oregon Rally next week to shop and play. Thank you  :)

A friend of mine bought one of those and is quite happy, but then again he is an Rv technician by trade!

The Tourmaster is one of Gulstream's top models and is very well equipped.

For what it is worth a RV dealer where we bought our 1st and 2nd Bounders highly recommended we not even consider a Gulfstream that he had on his lot for sell.  We have friends that bought a Tourmaster new and last I heard have never made a trip that something serious was wrong.  This case is about to go to court if not already there.  Having said that We have never owned a gulfstream and I am sure there are folks that are happy with them.  Check the maintenace history and try to determine what kind of problems may have been experienced by the previous owners.  If you can determine who the previous owners were try to contact them and get their input.

I just bought a new GS DP. The windshield cracked after the first trip. Gulf Stream was very good about it and scheduled me in one of the better repair centers to ensure that a new windshield was properly installed and that any underlying causes for the crack were fixed. So far I have been impressed with their customer service and their determination to have any defect corrected by the most qualified people. This isn't my first motor home, but it is my first Gulf Stream and I would not hesitate to buy another.

I cant reallly say anything about gulfstream motorhomes, but I can tell you about thier Mako fifth wheels. Stay clear! Buyer Beware! I got myself in quite a pickle. I purchased a new 2005 Mako, had problems from the beginning, ie warped floors, leaky sewers, missing floor joists, and mold just to anme 4 of the list of 34 and growing.  This thing is beautiful, but made on a Friday. I demanded my money back, that was pointless.  I demanded a replacement that hasn't happened either.  My trailer was in service 84 days last year, I have only used my trailer 18 night total. and its falling apart around me. My trailer as we speak is at a coachmen dealership hopefully getting fixed, its been there for three weeks at 79.00 canadian per hour plus tax. I speak to gulfstream weekly but nothing seems to be getting done on the replacement, it been 9 months.  I think they are hoping I'll give up, which I feel like doing. Maybe I just end this cycle and trade it.  But for what? Now once bitten twice shy. I spoke to consumer affairs. and BBB, and the attorney general of Indiana.  but I'm getting nowhere.  to sue it will cost 10 to 15,000.00 and only get reimbursed 4,000.00 in legal fees, so I sould just trade it then and take the loss.  Any ideas? Thank God they have these forums, to help the consumer.  If only I had a computer at the time of the purchase. Wish me luck. ??? ??? 

You might want to get a lawyer.? We have friends that had similar problems plus more with their Gulfstream MH and they ended up getting a lawyer before the thing was settled to their satisfaction.

Gulfstream just doesn't get a very good report from folks in this forum.? I don't know anyone who could work for a vendor and badmouth another product very long.? We are all RV's with real stories to tell about the worst kept secret in the RV Undustry.? The bottom line is... of the 5,000 plus folks of our group, Gulfstream needs to find less imformed buyers or begin building better products and standing behind their past efforts.? ? Please watch for some smoking gun? insider info soon  Joe Bee and the Cats

We used to think that we wanted that exact same model after driving one at the 2000 FMCA rallly. We like the floor plan, and the ride of the Sparten chassis was great.  Then in 2001, we took a tour of their factory in Goshen, IN. After the tour and seeing how they were being build, that ended our desire to have anything to do with Gulfstream.  Things like storing the steel used for the body frame outside, then using rusty steel to fabricate the body structure, assembling the body around rusty steel body members with no rust removal or primer, visable spots where there was missing insulation, and watching and electrical system being checked to find a problem, stopped us cold.

I asked a question about a couple of minor changes we would want and was promised a responce and never got it.

Chet18013

I'm a sad owner of a 2010 Gulfstream class A, bought new in 2010, and now have over $17,000. CAN of repairs going on since my return as a snowbird over the winter.
The coach is a 38 footer, model 8367, equiped with 3 slides unproperly conceived... they are the cable and pulley type, the worst and the cheapest one on the market, installed by Gulfstream !
The 2 large slides, one of over 16 feet long, sit on only 3 plastic rollers, the ones that you could use to move a residential fridge ! Both floor of both extensions have to be rebuilt and even one of the rv's metal bottom beam has to be replaced.
More problems, the passenger's 12 feet extension had a water leak for years from the joint between the top and the outside wall, so water got in in the wall, went to the extension's floor and corroded the floor and wall.
To finish it up, the Lippert's hydraulic leveling system has to be fixed by changing the electric motor and the hydraulic pump...

Thanks GULFSTREAM for your p?ece of crap; no wonder that since 2011 GULFSTREAM do not built any more class A or DP.
SO MY RECOMMENDATION IS,  DO NOT BY ANY GULFSTREAM PRODUCTS.

FWIW,
They also hold the ignominious position as the bottom place on the bottom tier of the Fifth Wheels Rating Chart for the model years 2014-2015 in the "Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Comparison Guide".
Bob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom