Comments on WFCO Power Converter WF-8945AN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wstuart

I would welocome any comments on my power convertor.  WFCO ULTRA Distribution Panel model WF-8945AN.
I often leave my MH plugged in for weeks unused.  What does it do to my twin 6 volt batteries.  I do not know alot about these things.  Good/Bad/Ugly? (I hope not ugly!)  I found this info but it is greek to me.

The WF-8900 Series has revolutionized RV power centers with its lighter weight, decorative doors, and superior features. The WF-8945 model provides 45 amps and a clean, constant 13.6 Vdc nominal output, for reliable operation of electronics and appliances. Automatic three-stage charging extends the life of your battery with output voltage modes of 13.2 Vdc ?float? mode, 13.6 Vdc ?absorption? mode, and a 14.4 Vdc ?bulk? charge mode. The 8900 Series also maintains peace and quiet, as the cooling fan runs only when needed.

Output Power  45 amps DC output

Input            105-130 VAC, 60 Hz (780 watt)

Output Ranges 
- Nominal (Absorption Mode) 13.6 Vdc (includes charging and load)
- Boost (Bulk Mode) 14.4 Vdc
- Trickle (Float Mode) 13.2 Vdc (after 48 hrs.)

Have a great Day

Cheers

Based on the description it appears that it is a 3 stage charger and should do a decent job. You have to remember, just the same, to check the water in the batteries on a regular basis and adding distilled water to each cell as needed..

WFCO has a reputation in some reports for a short life, somewhere around 5-7 years before failing. If you are not having any problems such as boiling batteries or plain not charging them, then you should be fine.

WFCO builds a decent converter/charger from the perspective of charging, i.e. it is a 3-stage charger.  If there is a drawback, it is that they tend to die a fairly early death, often just 3-4 years old.  As long as yours is working, it should be fine.

I've got the WFCO 9845 and it seems to do a fine job at managing the battery's charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom