Computer monitor/DVD/TV advice??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucyakers

I've been looking at monitors that are tv's for an all-in-one thing. Not sure I can see that far if I mount it on the wall. Maybe just keep it on the dinette or the couch!

See a couple in Costco:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11043906&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1&cm_mmc=BCEmail_109-_-Envision-_-39-_-Electronics_BCEmail_109

Any thoughts?

Lucy

>>Any thoughts?<<

This could work well in your trailer with a articulated arm like Russ has...maybe he will post a picture.<G>? Are your thoughts to use it with a desktop PC also?? If so they both consume a lot of power. Another reason for the genset charger solution.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the input, I've been waiting for the flat panel TVs to get down to $399 for a 20 inch.

Does anybody have any experience with this brand (Envision)?

Joel

I have used Envision CRT monitors at work, Can't really remark on them, They worked, as advertised, as does most every other monitor I've ever used, no problems

I have a flat panal "all-in-one" I"m installing in my bedroom in the motor home, 19" in my case, I'm going to use the space behind it where the CRT used to be for some computers (one deidcated one general purpose) and some related hardware (UPS) likely putting the printer in the wardrobe.  Mine is a Syncmaster (I forget who made it) I have tested it and it worked very well with my laptop, NO probems at all

One of the "Warnings" with flat panal monitors such as the one built into this laptop I'm typing on is they tend to prefer a specific resolution, (IN the case of this laptop it's Win-98's higest less one step)  However with the viewsonics we have where I work (Monitor only, not monitor/tv) this seems not to be the case,,, Same with my Syncmaster, not the case at all, worked well at every resolution I tested at

And though I was feeding it with the Laptop.. I was in deed watching recorded TV (The dedicated computer is a television recorder, Replay TV)

Here is page on the Omni mount swing arm TV/monitor divice that I installed on the side wall of my coach:

http://www.omnimount.com/product.asp?p=107

30 inch TV nestles back against the wall for travel (bungie cord contained) and can extend 30 inches out. I usually have rear side against the wall and forward side angled out 15 inches.Remember, a TV is a mediocre monitor.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Lucy

>>Any thoughts?<<

This could work well in your trailer with a articulated arm like Russ has...maybe he will post a picture.<G>? Are your thoughts to use it with a desktop PC also?? If so they both consume a lot of power. Another reason for the genset charger solution.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

By "genset charger solution" do you mean a Honda 2000 generator?

rhmahoney said:
Here is page on the Omni mount swing arm TV/monitor divice that I installed on the side wall of my coach:

http://www.omnimount.com/product.asp?p=107

That looks very much like what I have in the drawer awaiting instalation on my MH as well.  Same concept, I want to have the monitor nicely positioned when normally used.

And be able to pull it out like a cubbord door when I want to access what's behind it.

I may wind up building my own mount though... I have some thoughts

Lucy

Your coach will come with a converter/charger.? The best chargers are multi stage chargers like Xantrex Truecharge? http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/69/p/1/pt/7/product.asp.? If your new converter is multi stage or can't be converted to one, I would buy the Truecharge along with the genset.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry A. Brewer said:
Lucy

Your coach will come with a converter/charger.? The best chargers are multi stage chargers like Xantrex Truecharge? http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/69/p/1/pt/7/product.asp.? If your new converter is multi stage or can't be converted to one, I would buy the Truecharge along with the genset.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Sounds like you will have to hold my hand as I configure my trailer!

Lucy

>>Sounds like you will have to hold my hand as I configure my trailer!<<

Be glad too, but be warned that my solutions to problems are usually on the SPENDY side, don't tolerate cut-rate or half a**? solutions.<G>

We went to the Bonner Co. Rodeo Sat. Lots of fun, especially the mutton-busters.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry A. Brewer said:
Lucy

>>Sounds like you will have to hold my hand as I configure my trailer!<<

Be glad too, but be warned that my solutions to problems are usually on the SPENDY side, don't tolerate cut-rate or half a**? solutions.<G>

We went to the Bonner Co. Rodeo Sat. Lots of fun, especially the mutton-busters.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

I know you and spendy is OK as long as things work and are easy for me to operate - I don't want to exceed the cost of the trailer tho... And I don't plan to spend 6 months boondocking!

George is at a rodeo in Crawford, NE right now.

Lucy

>>I don't want to exceed the cost of the trailer tho... <<

Boy...Talk about tying my hands.<G>

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry,

Sometimes, you just have to be frugal, especially when it's someone else's money :)

Back
Top Bottom