Concern for slide on my Winnebago Class c Minnie Winnie 26A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jrb46

On a recent trip I was parked waiting for my wife to return from the RV office. Engine was off. A loud bang occurred it sounded as though it was right behind the drivers side.
After we had the slide out a couple times I noticed some small metal chips on the floor and small pieces of foam. Had it checked at a recommended RV repair shop. They could not find a problem. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. So the engine was off and the slide wasn't activated? Metal chips would have me very concerned and something is very wrong. I'm wondering if the slide is misaligned or out of sync.

My suggestion is to have another RV guy look it over.

I will try that. The initial shop was the only one recommended by Winnebago in my area. John did you ever work in Livermore Ca

No, never permanently worked in California. Been there on business though but not in Livermore.

I always hold the usual RV service department in very low regard, if you ever find one that meets your expectations, you are very lucky.

Try a mobile RV service guy - local campgrounds probably can recommend a couple that they know.

Just a wild guess: there is typically a roller or a skid pad under the slide, one that is moves on when deploying and rests on when fully in. Maybe it broke under pressure? It would help to know the brand of the slide mechanism, which would give us some clues as to how it works and the components involved. Hydraulic vs mechanical, and if mechanical whether geared, cable-driven,, etc. Is there a brand name on the control panel for the slide, or the semi-hidden controller that makes it do the right things?

I also have a 26A (2017), and you're the first person I've found who also has this pretty rare model. I've had no slide issues so far (touch wood) but will follow this with interest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom