Congratulations to Bernie and his Bears!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Well a few minutes ago the Chicago Bears certainly proved they are the cream of the NFC!  No excuses.  They dominated the Saints and won decisively.

Now in a few minutes we get to see which AFC team will demolish the Bears in the Superbowl!  ;D  Will it be the Colts or the Pats?  I really cannot make up my mind on this one.  The Colts are at home and Manning certainly wants and needs a trip to the SuperBowl.  But the Pats have the best coach in football and the best big game Quarterback in football.

Oh me oh my what a tough game to predict.  But it should be exciting.  I guess my heart is with the Pats as I have no love for the Colts who have dominated my Ravens over the years.  But my brains keep telling me not to bet the motorcoach on this.  ;D

Is it quiet out there in the desert with everyone in the coaches watching the games?  Or are there no football fans and everyone is sitting around the campfire?  The Admiral and I really miss all you guys this year and the fun you are having!

Smoky,

Pats, Pats, Pats!!!! Of course that's from a former New Englander who used to love the Giants!!! ;D ;D

Smoky said:
Well a few minutes ago the Chicago Bears certainly proved they are the cream of the NFC!  No excuses.  They dominated the Saints and won decisively.

Now in a few minutes we get to see which AFC team will demolish the Bears in the Superbowl!  ;D  Will it be the Colts or the Pats?

Smoky thanks for the belated limited homage  ;D ;D I wrote my replay to your November message before downloading unreads. I guess I'll have to wait for 2 weeks before getting the full homage :D :D

Bernie:

I thought my homage was pretty good!  And sincere!  They absolutely dominated the Saints.  And remember, I always did predict the Bears would be the NFC reps in the SuperBowl, as you will see if you read my old messages.  :D

But it doesn't matter who the AFC throws into the arena.    The AFC is in an altogether different league!  I believe I said that in earlier messages as well.

Gonna be the Colts though, the same team who figured out the Ravens.  The Colts always beat the Ravens darn it, even though their record is not as good.

Should be a great SuperBowl.  And history making as well with the first black American coach.  Two of them in fact.

Smoky:

Are we talking about those bears you said a month ago hadn't played a real team all season?  :)

The Bears are going to be playing our Indianapolis Colts. AND, if history of the last few years repeats itself in that the AFC team generally wins, the Colts will be the SB champs.
I just got home from the game, downtown Indy is going crazy. Although I only live about 8 miles southeast of the stadium it took almost 3 hours to get home, plus another hour to stop for a couple of brews to celebrate.
Two of the best teams in the NFL fought long and hard. One of the best games I believe I've ever seen.

Woody

Woody said:
The Bears are going to be playing our Indianapolis Colts. AND, if history of the last few years repeats itself in that the AFC team generally wins, the Colts will be the SB champs.

Woody

Be careful about relying on history. There has never been an African-American coach in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady had a 61-2 record of winning when leading at half time. No team, ever, in the playoffs came back from an 18 point deficit at half-time to win the game. Manning (and the Colts) had lost every playoff game he had played. Go Bears ;D ;D ;D

BernieD said:
Woody

Be careful about relying on history. There has never been an African-American coach in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady had a 61-2 record of winning when leading at half time. No team, ever, in the playoffs came back from an 18 point deficit at half-time to win the game. Manning (and the Colts) had lost every playoff game he had played. Go Bears ;D ;D ;D

You're right Bernie, but now Manning has the "monkey" off of his back. And when was the last time the Bears won a SuperBowl ??? Checked the line today and Colts are 6 pts. favorite. The Bears do not have a secondary capable of handling Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Utek.

Woody

Jeff:

You will recall I predicted the Bears would go to the SuperBowl.  My reference to "real" teams was that all the "real" teams are in the AFC!  ;D

Woody said:
And when was the last time the Bears won a SuperBowl ??? Checked the line today and Colts are 6 pts. favorite. The Bears do not have a secondary capable of handling Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Utek.

Hey Woody, you are talking about a team with the same fans cheering on the Cubbies who haven't been to the World Series since 1945 and haven't won since 1908+/- :mad:  But that is all irrelevant. Each game is a new game. IIRC, the Saints were a couple of point favorites also in the championship game.

Ah, Woody, Smoky, et al...

If I were a gambling man, I'd be happy to take your money. During regular season, we Packers fans are fierce enemies with Da Bears fans, but now that it's down to the test of 'real' football, we're all for Da Bears, and the Colts don't have a chance regardless of what the oddsmakers say.

Karl said:
Ah, Woody, Smoky, et al...

If I were a gambling man, I'd be happy to take your money. During regular season, we Packers fans are fierce enemies with Da Bears fans, but now that it's down to the test of 'real' football, we're all for Da Bears, and the Colts don't have a chance regardless of what the oddsmakers say.

You're a Packers Fan, well, we know you are delusional. lol
Colts gonna win the SuperBowl.

Woody

Karl:

I have the greatest of respect for your Packers.  I remember the days when it was a tossup between Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas for the top quarterback in the game.  IMO Payton Manning does not hold a stick to Bret Favre.  And I sure hope Bret comes back for one more year.

That said, the Bears are not even in the same league with the Colts.  I go on record here that the Colts will make mince meat of the Bears.  If I am wrong I will wear a Bears Jersey to every forum rally I go to for the next year.  If I am right I expect to see Bernie in a Ravens jersey.

Ravens  are they still in the league  I thought they went out right after the Rams.  LOL

Smoky said:
Karl:

I have the greatest of respect for your Packers.  I remember the days when it was a tossup between Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas for the top quarterback in the game.  IMO Payton Manning does not hold a stick to Bret Favre.  And I sure hope Bret comes back for one more year.

That said, the Bears are not even in the same league with the Colts.  I go on record here that the Colts will make mince meat of the Bears.  If I am wrong I will wear a Bears Jersey to every forum rally I go to for the next year.  If I am right I expect to see Bernie in a Ravens jersey.

I have to agree with you Smokey, Brett Favre will go down in history as one of the greatest of the NFL quarterbacks, he should have retired two years ago tho,  I think. Whether Manning will make that kind of a name for himeself remains to be seen. Winning a SB will go a long way toward accomplishing that goal.  I admit am am somewhat biased since he plays for my team, but time will tell. His comeback Sunday  will go a long way toward accomplishing that goal.

Woody

Mr Shayne:

I will have you know the Ravens are Division champions this year, had the best defense in the entier NFC,  and had the second best regular season record in the AFC, behind the Chargers... who the Ravens beat in the Charger home stadium with both Merriman and Tonlinson in top form that day.  The Chargers have no viable excuse for their loss that day!  ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom