Consumer protection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1930 said:
Thanks, I will be shopping elsewhere.

I am in the market for a small loader/backhoe similar to this https://www.ebay.com/itm/ditch-witch-1025sk-front-end-loader-backhoe/382716291298 but Id prefer a  closer product so I can examine personally.

If anyone has any suggestions of a commercial grade unit  that I can fit into my high cube storage container Id sure like to hear of it.

If your still dealing with tree stumps, I would recommend a bulldozer. It would be cheaper to pay someone to come in and clear the area. Then if you still need something for digging you can focus on something that won't tear up fighting with those stumps.

I just read a couple who found a unique way to loosen a tree stump in their yard (I don't think it loosened)

THey bilt a giant nowman. the lower "ball" of the snowman hides the stump.

The local "Good old boy" teens decided to RUN IT DOWN and thus Drove into it YAHOO!!!!
ANd WHAM.. Found the stump in the belly of the beast.. KARMA or CARMA take your pick.

sightseers said:
You probably did not pay too much .....never compare any good tool to a Harbor Freight tool.

A Harbor Freight wrench will bend if you drop it... ;D

Somewhat disagree.  I buy a lot of Harbor Freight stuff because it is only for occasional use and lasts for years with the way I operate.  Now if you are a contractor and want to have a tool that will encounter heavy use then,of course, invest appropriately.  PS:  Many of the HF tools I have bought have proven to be GOOD tools and done the exact job I asked of them.  I have returned more than one name brand tool to places like Lowes and Home Depot because while they were middle of the line stuff they didn't hold up like even HF products.  Actually I have found recently that Walmart's tool department has grown expotentially and they can match HF on a lot of prices and quality.........................BUT it still irks me to no end that 95 percent of the tools are MADE IN CHINA.

Harbor Freight tools do have some good points.

For instance,  I had to weld together several really deep sockets for removals of trans mainshaft nuts on motorcycles. 

Normally you can never weld to 'Tool Steel'. 

But.....those Chinese made soft steel sockets HF sells weld together very nicely  ;D

The worst thing about buying anything at HF..........

there is no way you are going to walk out of that store with only what you went shopping for.

who can pass on huge bag of heat shrink.. or a 20 pac of AA batteries for only $.99 more  ? 

(I admit it  ... I am a member of HF rewards club, and have used a 20% coupon before.... :-[  )

I never go into HF... without a 20% coupon AND a free coupon. I waited for the 25% coupon to get my concrete mixer and compound miter saw.

My truck looks like a homeless guy lives in it from the hoarded HF ads.  (well, not quite, but almost...)

The free blue flashlights are great. Take the crappy batteries out of them when they die and install good alkaline ones. I can always use a free 5x7 tarp, or a magnetic tool holder or a spare multimeter.

sightseers said:
(I admit it  ... I am a member of HF rewards club, and have used a 20% coupon before.... :-[  )

SLOweather said:
I never go into HF... without a 20% coupon AND a free coupon. I waited for the 25% coupon to get my concrete mixer and compound miter saw.

My truck looks like a homeless guy lives in it from the hoarded HF ads.  (well, not quite, but almost...)

The free blue flashlights are great. Take the crappy batteries out of them when they die and install good alkaline ones. I can always use a free 5x7 tarp, or a magnetic tool holder or a spare multimeter.
I am also a collector of the 20% coupons and the 25% also when they issue those as well as the "Free with Any Purchase" items.  I have a bunch of flashlights, tarps, and other things they throw in that category. As you said, replace the crummy batteries in the lights and you have a good product.

Bill

Oldgator73 said:
As for HF, save your receipt. No returns, adjustments, go to hells w/o receipt.
Same thing at Lowes for me on one product a couple of weeks ago. Now I make sure everything is on My Lowes.

So, Bill... When you pick up a blue light, are you like me, or have you learned your lesson?  I almost always pick one up, and look right at it when I press the button to test it, thereby blinding myself for a couple of minutes. The last one I got, I remembered not to do that. :)

BTW, those or the $2.99 flip switch lights are great for sticking inside the RV's basements when you don't have other lighting down there.

Bill N said:
I am also a collector of the 20% coupons and the 25% also when they issue those as well as the "Free with Any Purchase" items.  I have a bunch of flashlights, tarps, and other things they throw in that category. As you said, replace the crummy batteries in the lights and you have a good product.

Bill

I've noticed no 25% coupon discount many of the hot selling items... :-\

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom