Contour Rug to go around Commode's base

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy.
I am looking for a contour rug for our bathroom. The problem is finding a contour rug that will fit around the base of the commode. The front of the commode base measures 10 inches across.  Ideas or suggestions to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Regards,
Liz

I need one too, but I haven't shopped yet because I don't know what color I want.  I just threw out the one that came in our used motorhome.  It seemed to fit just fine.  It seemed like an inexpensive one, maybe even dollar store quality.

Years ago we used to be able to buy cut-it-yourself bathroom rugs.  So I tried to get one recently.  All the stores I called - JC Penny home, Sears, Target, Macy's, Bed bath and beyond, and some others, did not have such items in the stores, but JCP and B3 and one or two others had them on their websites.  They were described as bathroom "carpet," and the smallest size was 5'x7' or thereabouts.  At least one store had three levels of quality and lots of colors.

The ones we got years ago were completely washable.  They did not have to be bound.  Very handy.

--pat

Pat said:
Years ago we used to be able to buy cut-it-yourself bathroom rugs.  So I tried to get one recently.  All the stores I called - JC Penny home, Sears, Target, Macy's, Bed bath and beyond, and some others, did not have such items in the stores, but JCP and B3 and one or two others had them on their websites.  They were described as bathroom "carpet," and the smallest size was 5'x7' or thereabouts.  At least one store had three levels of quality and lots of colors.

The ones we got years ago were completely washable.  They did not have to be bound.  Very handy.

--pat

Hmmmmm. Now, that is a good idea. Thank you!!    :)    :)    :)
LIZ

I also had this problem.  I also had the added problem of a heat vent about 5 inches to the left of the commode.  I bought a regular bathroom rug ( decided I would like it if it went all the way to the shower so I got one the size I needed) I measured 4" on the one side so it didn't overlap the heat vent, and cut the shape and size I needed.  This works great.  I've been using this system for a couple years.  The only problem I find, is when I wash it.  I always wash it alone and run a rince cycle in the machine after I remove it.  You will find more fibers but not a lot.  Hope this helps.

JoAnn

They are all washable.  It's just that it  doesn't have a binding around where it is cut, like the contor rugs you buy, therefor it sheds in the washing machine.  It isn't too bad and it's fine when it is in use on the floor.

JoAnn

Buy a bottle of Fray Check.  I think Wally might carry it in the fabric dept.  Apply from the back side.  And let dry completely.  It will help in preventing the rug from fraying, and loosing threads in the washer.  It works great on any kinds of material that has been cut.

Barb

WOW thanks Barb, I've used it before and just never thought about it for this little job!  Will take care of it before our next trip, in Feb.

JoAnn

Back
Top Bottom