Converter Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVcyclist

My coach is connected to shore power, the coach batteries are completely dead and there is no power to the 12 volt system (e.g., lights don't work).  If I start the engine, there is power to the 12 volt system and all 12 volt lights work.

I assume that the problem is with the converter (IOTA DLS 55 amp).  I had to pull the converter to be able to remove the fuses.  I tested the fuses with an ohm meter and they appear to be fine.  With the converter on my workbench, I plugged it in and tested the output with a voltmeter, nothing.  No power output at all. 

My conclusion is that the converter is bad.  Do you agree with that assessment?

If I must replace the converter, I am considering a Progressive Dynamics (PD9260CV) 60 Amp Power Converter with Charge Wizard.  Any opinions on that converter?  Suggestions for a better brand or model?

Thanks,
Delbert

I just replaced my converter/charger with a Progressive Dynamics 9260 with the pendant.  I believe they are about as good as a charger/converter you can get, unless you step up to one where you can manually raise the voltage to 14.8 volts in boost mode.

Paul

Im with Paul and Ann.. I think the Progressive Dynamics 9200 line is rather hard (As in currently impossible) to beat. Ive yet to find one that I'd rank better.

That said the IOTA's with IQ-4 technology are a very very very close 2nd,,, And for most users they tie  (one feature lacking, one many never use).

But it sounds to me like your IOTA 55 amp has become a zero amp as well.. And the PDI (made in the USA last I checked) is the best option.

NOTE: THat feature I mentioned that is missing from the IQ4.. Is optional on the 9200.. (It's the dongle).

Thank you.  I have ordered the Progressive Dynamics converter.  Hopefully that will solve the problem.

I installed the new converter today, problem solved.  Thanks again for the input.
Delbert

Back
Top Bottom