Converting fold out sofa bed area to 2 recliners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysamm

Hi all,
Not sure if this question goes in tech talk or not but here goes:? Owner of Class C 31 foot sunseeker with slide out. Slide out has dinette and fold out sofa bed.? I would like to remove the sofa and install 2 recliners in place. Does anyone have experience with this type of conversion or any suggestions?? I've located several different types of recliners that should work but I'm not so sure if it would be that cut and dry.
Any input is grateful
Thanks Lori

Lori,

Removing the sofa should be strightforward - probably just 4 bolts holding it to the floor. However, you may also need to disassemble to sofa in order to get it out the door. I'll try find some photos of the sofa bed they removed from our coach.

Edit: Here's the link to the photo showing the sofa bed dismantled into two halves after it had been unbolted from the floor.

Tom,
Did you also remove your sofa to put recliner/s in or update the sofa?  If you did it to put recliners in is it necessary to have bolted down recliners if they are not to be used while driving.  Do they stay fairly secure I guess is my question?
Thanks

Lori, the sofa was removed to make way for a desk, new cabinets and a Euro chair. See this photo.

I considered securing the chair to the floor using the method illustrated in this message by James, but decided to try it without securing it. So far, it hasn't moved, which confirms the experience of several other forum members.

We have removed and replaced our sofa for recovering.  We also have a free standing recliner that doesn't move under normal travelling

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom