Cookbooks for RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

airborne_spoon

I know there is a million cookbooks for everything but i was wondering if anyone has come across a cookbook for camping/RVing and small portions/single person? all the ones I've come across are all family sized servings and its just me and the dog and I'm not a fan of cutting stuff down because often flavors get lost in the translation.
I've been a cook for 19 years and while i can make stuff up and just wing it i love to try new recipes and new foods. but i don't like having leftovers.

Jane Vogel’s Grill It or Skillet
I met her thru the Winnebago group at the Grand National Rally a couple years ago. It’s available at Amazon for $16.95. Makes a nice camping cookbook, recipes are simple, and can be halved.

The cheap answer is Pinterest. Just search for "Recipes for two" or "Small batch recipes". "Recipes for Two" will result in hundreds of pins.

Last edited:
There are two of us, but I feel your pain. I generally just cook larger portions and then freeze the leftovers. We use a vacuum sealer to make sure things stay good. I also will make up a large portion of meat and re-package it with the vacuum sealer into smaller portions, for example, I might cook an entire pork butt or pot roast in the Instant Pot or on the stove, then package it. I use some of the meat as on its own, but I can then make things like nachos, tacos, BBQ sandwiches, and innumerable casserole type meals. I find it pretty easy to make veggies in small quantities, so it is just the meat I do in advance.

We never used "RV recipes" cause we eat pretty much the same as we do at home. But you probably do like recipes sized for serving 1-2 people. I find the serving size used in most recipes to be rather small, so a recipe for two is about right for one person with maybe a little leftover for a snack or lunch. If you Google 'recipes for two' you will find 50-100 suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom