Cost Of Gazebo Skyrocketed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldgator73

Last month we were shopping for a shelter to put on our property in Virginia. My wife found an 11x13 cedar kit for I think $1399. We didn’t purchase right away and as luck would have it when we looked again it was not available. A few weeks went by and I happened to look again and found it for $1599. We ordered it and it shipped last week. I took it down to our property last weekend and we now waiting on an estimate for a concrete pad to set it on. I was looking at our order online to insure we received the correct amount of boxes and noticed the price has jumped from $1599 to $3,099 in less than 30 days.

The price of wood products are going crazy as most comes from Canada and covid has impacted that industry badly.>>>Dan

LOL. I just saw an ad offering to swap a single 4x8 sheet of 5/8" pine plywood for a 2020 or 2021 Corvette in good condition. I think it was tongue-in-cheek, but maybe not...

Our local news reported the cheapest grade of luan went from $8 per sheet last year to $40 this year. Covid stay at home orders got a lot of people busy fixing up their house and building gazebos. Plus new housing starts are way up from people leaving city apartments for single family homes.

NOT only are there supply side issues (As noted above) but there is a boom in "DIY Home Improvement which creates additional demand.. In short. a seller's dream a purchaser's nightmare.

Saw a cute joke, it was a picture of a pickup with two sheets of plywood in the back. The caption read....."Don't you hate it when people drive around town flaunting their wealth."

I have put a lot of the wood structure work on hold for now. 2X4X8s were $12 a piece a couple weeks ago - crazy.

My wood toolshed become a steel toolshed because of price hikes. The big box stores are writing the prices in Dry erase - LOL...

shed.JPG

Back
Top Bottom