Country Coach expanding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
KEZI TV news reported this morning that the Junction City council has approved a request by Country Coach to add an additional 300,000 square feet to its JC manufacturing facility. The addition would add a reported 1,600 jobs. CC expects to start building by the end of this year.

This occurs at the same time that National RV Holdings (owner of Country Coach & National RV) has reported that their business continues to hemorrhage money ($6.9M so far in 2005) even though sales have risen slightly.  Country Coach is doing very well but NRV is not. 

Interesting Gary. CC's President at the council meeting said they were building double the number of coaches they were building just 18 months ago.

Building more while losing money reminds me of another industry where the logic was "build more even if you lose money on every unit; it keeps the factory busy and spreads overhead over more units."

I hope they get their increased volume before fuel prices cause the market to shrink.

Tom

Did you go over to 6th st & take the CC tour?? I think you would find it very interesting.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Tom said:
I hope they get their increased volume before fuel prices cause the market to shrink.

Tom,

People who purchase high end motorhomes don't worry about fuel prices as much as people who purchase low end rigs.  ;D  Perhaps CC is the most profitable line that NRV has.

Monaco in Oregon is advertising for new employees.  Maybe they expect some of their employees to jump over to CC.

Phil

Terry A. Brewer said:
Did you go over to 6th st & take the CC tour?

No, but now that I know where it is (thanks), I might do that.

Tom

>>No, but now that I know where it is (thanks), I might do that.<<

You can walk? there from Davis Cabinets.<G>? If you want a good price from Shaun ...ask him for the Terry Brewer Discount.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom