Country Coach vs Tiffin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe Bee

My gut tells me that a factory 5 hrs away is beter than 5 day drive away.? Can and will Bob Tiffin live forever?? Will his factory rep live forever?? What is the production of the 2 companies?? ?Monaco dropped me & my new coach after 1 year with? troubles and issues.? Dealer never was there for me.? ?Buying a coach is more difficult than picking a wife.? (Trust me on this one) Some advice. Joe

Joe Bee said:
My gut tells me that a factory 5 hrs away is beter than 5 day drive away.? Can and will Bob Tiffin live forever?? Will his factory rep live forever?? What is the production of the 2 companies?? ?Monaco dropped me & my new coach after 1 year with? troubles and issues.? Dealer never was there for me.? ?Buying a coach is more difficult than picking a wife.? (Trust me on this one) Some advice. Joe

Frankly speaking you could ask the same question about any manufacturer.  Take Beaver for an example, the Beaver coach line was excellent, but was sold to Safari and IMHO the whole Beaver line was degraded.  Now even Safari has been sold to your friends Monaco.

If I were going to buy a coach and the only choices were the two you mentioned I think I would opt for one of Bob Tiffin's.  I must say we have never owned either a CC or a Allegro and my comments are based solely on what I seen when we were shopping before we bought the American Eagle.

Joe Bee said:
My gut tells me that a factory 5 hrs away is better than 5 day drive away.? Can and will Bob Tiffin live forever?? Will his factory rep live forever?? What is the production of the 2 companies?? ?Monaco dropped me & my new coach after 1 year with? troubles and issues.? Dealer never was there for me.? ?Buying a coach is more difficult than picking a wife.? (Trust me on this one) Some advice. Joe

Joe,
We have owned  2 Country Coaches over the past 11 years and found them to be very reliable and built of quality.  We have also had very effective  service from the  Factory in  Junction City, Oregon.  We make  our  some of our trips around scheduled  maintenance as needed. Despite being way out of warranty they have bent over backwards to help us out.  They also have  rallies all over the US with  minor factory service needs being serviced there for free. Country Coach only makes about 450 coaches  a year (though production  may now be up a bit.)  I cannot comment on a Tiffin because I have no first hand experience with them.

A bad decision on a wife may likely cost you more than a bad decision on a motorhome. ;D

Betty

Joe Bee said:
Monaco dropped me & my new coach after 1 year with  troubles and issues.

Strange they would do that Joe. While we were in the service centers in both Indiana and Oregon, folks were telling us that monaco was still repairing stuff for free on their 5 & 7 year old coaches, including Beaver and Safari that Monaco purchased.

I have had more than one Safari owner make a comment similar to "It is a blessing for them that Safari was sold to Monaco since Monaco has provided better support than Safari ever did"  Probably one of the main reasons Safari couldn't make it ya think ??? ??? ???

Ron said:
.....Monaco has provided better support than Safari ever did" ...

The irony of it is that Monaco's service center in Harrisburg, OR is the old Safari factory. They kept the Safari cabinet shop (on the same site) intact and it's now Monaco's cabinet shop.

Monaco has bent over backwards to service our 02 after the warranty has expired.

Tiffen's strength seems to be their terrific service and good bang for the buck.

However, their parts and quality are no where near in the league with CC (or Monaco)

Example:  tiny, minimal entry steps.  Wood or chrome or non-existant entry handles.  Minimal quality (almost flimsy) adjustable brake/gas pedal.  Marginal cabinet quality, usually laminate/particleboard.

But there is a huge difference in price.  CC's Affinity (top of line) is in the 700s.  Tiffens is 2 to 3 hundred K less.  Same comparison for middle of the line and lower end of the line.

Quality costs.  Quality pays.  Good bang for the buck goes a long way.  POO (Pride of Ownership) also goes a long way.

Good luck in your choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom