COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had both #1 & #2. With #1 I had a very sore arm and felt out of it for a few hours afterwards. After #2 no reactions at all afterwards. My wife had both #1 & #2 Pfizer. After #1 she had a relatively mild reaction, a bit of a sore arm. After #2 she had no reaction until the next day where she was miserable for most of the day.

I got the Moderna Vaccine. After the first shot, I had a sore arm mostly at the injection site for a few days. After the 2nd shot, initially I had no reaction at all. Not even a sore arm. 5 hours later, my arm was extremely sore from my elbow up into my shoulder. Much worse than after the first shot. The next day, I had a sore throat, I was fatigued and had a fever of 100.8 which for me is significant because my normal temp is 97.5 After 48 hours, I was fine except for my arm was still sore around the injection area. After 72 hours, I had no symptoms at all.

Last edited:
I got Moderna #2 yesterday. #1 was no big deal, just some injection site soreness typical with a flu shot or tetanus booster. Maybe felt a little off the next day, but nothing significant.

I started having symptoms from #2 about 8 hours after injection. I came home from being vaccinated yesterday, and felt fine, and actually washed our RV. By the time I was done washing, I felt as though I had washed an entire dealership of giant RV's, and I knew something was up. Went to bed early. By the middle of the night, I was achy and feverish and had a hard time sleeping.

Note to self: No more vaccines on Sunday afternoons. Having to work today (Monday) while feeling under the weather was no fun. But, now at 29 hours in, and I'm already starting to feel much better. All in all, not bad.

#1 Moderna - I felt like someone hit me in the arm with a hammer, nothing else.
#2 Moderna - Slightly sore arm, next day tired and a little light headed, no fever. All better the next day.

#1 Moderna - I felt like someone hit me in the arm with a hammer, nothing else.
#2 Moderna - Slightly sore arm, next day tired and a little light headed, no fever. All better the next day.
Tomorrow morning is my 2nd Moderna shot. After hearing about many problems from others on the 2nd shot, but not with the first--well, I will plan on being somewhat sick on Wednesday.

-Don- Reno, NV

Not Necessarily. My wife had no reaction at all after the 2nd Shot. Everyone is different.

I may have already mentioned this...my wife was the only one of her 25 or so coworkers to get COVID. She was also the only one NOT to feel sick/run-down after her 2nd dose (they all got Moderna). Coincidence or did antibodies help her? Don't know.

My neighbor got his second Phizer shot the other day and had mild reaction, what he described as "feeling blah" for 12 hours or so.

My daughter got her second Phizer shot last Thursday and complained of a sore arm for 24 hours. Said it "felt like somebody punched me".

My husband and I both received the maderna shot. He had a slight headache for a few hours, I felt like I was hit by a Mack truck.
For about 33 hours I had a headache, was super weak, had a temperature, and every fiber of my body hurt like the dickens, but after that I was right back to normal again.
I sure hope if we need to get booster shots every year that this doesn't happen every time, but I will take the side effects over covid any day.

The article clearly states that it has not been determined her condition is a reaction to the vaccine. My wife and I had a positive reaction from the vaccine; we are now 95% protected from COVID. The best thing for you to do is not get the vaccine. But if you don’t you need to wear a mask at all times and stay away from other folks. that would be the humane thing to do.

My husband and I both received the maderna shot. He had a slight headache for a few hours, I felt like I was hit by a Mack truck.
It's been 20 hours since I got my 2nd Maderna shot and I still have NO issues at all. I feel the same as if I never got the shot. Never felt any better.

But when I move my left arm, (where I got my shot) there is a pain so slight I wouldn't even notice it if I didn't think about it.

Or could it be it hasn't hit me yet? Or does this mean I don't have to worry about it?

-Don- Reno, NV

As I stated earlier in this thread I was blown off when I experienced simular conditions, not to that extreme though after my first shot. I think the mindset is if you don't comply to hard core one side partisan individuals or even express openly any type or concern to any particular inoculations here, you are considered crazy. I am fine with that. I have moved along. The principals pushing the restrictive actions continue to show us their double standard too, proving that most of this is all political. "Do as I say and not as I do".

As I stated earlier in this thread I was blown off when I experienced simular conditions, not to that extreme though after my first shot. I think the mindset is if you don't comply to hard core one side partisan individuals or even express openly any type or concern to any particular inoculations here, you are considered crazy. I am fine with that. I have moved along. The principals pushing the restrictive actions continue to show us their double standard too, proving that most of this is all political. "Do as I say and not as I do".
My wife and I have had both Phizer shots but still wear a mask in public and adhere to the 6 foot social distance standard. We do this because we care about you and anybody else we may come in contact with. I don’t know where you getting this “Do as I say not as I do “ attitude because the majority of folks I know are following the scientific guidelines. BoiseRules keeps posting conspiracy theories and no factual accounts; no basis in truth. I just heard on NPR that even though the Phizer vaccine in 95% effective a person can still contract COVID. But the chances are 1/1,000,000 to 1/1,500,000 that a vaccinated person will get COVID.

The last thing I want is my medical care politicized. There are all kinds of medicines prescribed. I could rebel against my heart medicines but I am pretty sure I'd be dead at 70 - LOL...

Democracy requires a well informed and educated populace to work. The vast majority of America is pretty good at sorting out the pepper from the fly crap.

So do your research, educate yourself and make your choice. My only tip is to filter whom you get your information from. I don't listen to politicians about anything. Pretty much none of them are experts on anything and they all have an agenda.

The vast majority of doctors say, "Get the vax." - I wouldn't listen to a horticulturalists advice on how to fix may car so I reckon listening to the doctor's consensus is probably the right move here.

The big problem with the conspiracy theorists is that nobody in America can keep a secret any more - LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom