COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Calif, I heard it described as the “rejection of expertise“. All the folks who think they can learn immunology through 3 YouTube videos (or 3 days worth!) so they “can make their own decisions” are nuts. A real immunologist spends four years in college learning basic biology, then 2 years getting a MS to understand the specific biology of the immune system, at a minimum. Most get MDs or PhDs. I listen to the true experts. I read peer reviewed journals and information from major medical institutions like the CDC, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, etc. I am lucky I had a solid scientific background, but some of it is hard going. Still worth it compared to reading a political blog poster talking about immunology or some chiropractor or even some random primary care doctor without advanced training.

{b]The last thing I want is my medical care politicized.[/b]
Yet a vast majority of people are screaming for universal healthcare run by the Wash.

There are all kinds of medicines prescribed. I could rebel against my heart medicines but I am pretty sure I'd be dead at 70 - LOL..

And there are many examples of second opinions. But as many of us age, we also know our bodies better than anyone in any medical practice.

Democracy requires a well informed and educated populace to work. The vast majority of America is pretty good at sorting out the pepper from the fly crap.
See above for an informed decision making process.

So do your research, educate yourself and make your choice. My only tip is to filter whom you get your information from. I don't listen to politicians about anything. Pretty much none of them are experts on anything and they all have an agenda.
And how many times have the professed experts that you may be referring to changed their position? I am lucky to be living with my own medical professional with 45 years experience. And when people have a reaction to certain new drugs that they have never taken before, the first direction to go is take a deep breath and pause.

As it relates to listening to politicians, I am sure that most here have a tendency to filter their sources which is simular to their political leanings. You cannot hide this in most of the replies in this section.

Don, keep on keeping.
Well, It is now over 24 hours and I still feel exactly like I did before the 2nd shot. Other than that rather almost unnoticeable pain when I move my left arm.

I was expecting to feel sick today. But it didn't happen at all. No trace, other than above.

Tomorrow morning I am going on a group motorcycle ride. I assume all will be fine, but I can always cancel if I start to feel poorly. But I now think I do not have to worry about it. I just hope the symptoms just don't start extra late with me.

-Don- Reno, NV

And there are many examples of second opinions. But as many of us age, we also know our bodies better than anyone in any medical practice.
That's just flat out not true. That's why people to to doctors-- most even more so as they age-- to help discover & treat conditions that they may have but that are unknown to them.

Don't believe it? Too bad we can't have two of my closest friends testify to that FACT. However one died of lung cancer the other colon cancer. They both might still be alive today IF ONLY they had been able to get early diagnosis and treatment. But you just go right on thinking you know more about your body than "anyone in the medical practice".

That's just flat out not true. That's why people to to doctors-- most even more so as they age-- to help discover & treat conditions that they may have but that are unknown to them.

Don't believe it? Too bad we can't have two of my closest friends testify to that FACT. However one died of lung cancer the other colon cancer. They both might still be alive today IF ONLY they had been able to get early diagnosis and treatment. But you just go right on thinking you know more about your body than "anyone in the medical practice".
You cannot compare Covid 19 to the well known diseases and the common treatments that we all know about. For some reason a large group here feels the need to lecture or lets just say are attempting to practice your own form of medicine on your keyboard in response to my own adverse experience. I don't think anyone here knows my body anymore than I do.

For sure when I experienced my own stiff joints and my back unable to bend over and tie my shoes the morning after, you can bet your last dollar that my body was telling me something that no doctor knows anything about. I am a very active old phart and can outwork all of my kids. So yes I knew there was something abnormal and something that had never happened before.

As it relates to wearing a mask or two or three after you have gotten the recommended shots, well the odds for creating a pregnancy after a vasectomy according to the Urology Fondation is 1 in 2000, which is much more of a risk than what our resident Oldgater 73 lists
But the chances are 1/1,000,000 to 1/1,500,000 that a vaccinated person will get COVID.

as the odds of getting Covid after the shots. And I don't know anyone personally that wore a "mask" after that procedure.:p

Last edited:
I'm still wearing mask for all the reason's OldGator said.

There will be some who will never believe - that's OK cuz 'merica. But the number non-vaxxed will be a small minority if current trends are anything to look at.

From a practical standpoint the debate whether or not to get stuck is over...

doses.JPG

progress.JPG

I just now am back from getting a copy of my Covid-19 card laminated for free.

If you have your card, you probably want to print out the coupon in the link above and head for your nearest Office Depot or OfficeMax.

Or below in the attached file:

-Don- Reno, NV
Weird as I was just reading your post when I got an email with info from AARP as to: Should You Get Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card Laminated?

A quote in that article read:

Georges C. Benjamin, 68, executive director of the American Public Health Association, counsels against laminating your vaccination record. That's chiefly because that card has blank spaces to record future shots, whether the second dose of a two-dose regimen or a booster shot should one become necessary. Sealing the card in plastic would prevent the vaccine provider from adding such information to the original card.

Uh... really?! Perhaps he hasn't heard about these machines that can make as many copies as you want! Even on that coupon page you sent it said they would make a copy and laminate that. :rolleyes:

! Perhaps he hasn't heard about these machines that can make as many copies as you want! Even on that coupon page you sent it said they would make a copy and laminate that
Yep. It's not a good idea to laminate the original card. BTW, I also just got that e-mail, but I knew to not touch the original. But they will do the original if you want. In fact, I was asked which I wanted at Office Depot.

However, I assume you can still get a duplicate card filled out from wherever you got the shots. But perhaps a hassle or even a fee.

I noticed the laminated card is too large for my wallet. Cannot be folded so easily.

-Don- Reno, NV

My wife and I had our 2nd Moderna shots yesterday, and have had very little reaction to it. She has a sore to the touch injection site as do I, and this morning I was mildly achy until I took a couple of ibuprofen. By this afternoon we were completely back to normal.

I'm took my chances and glad I did. I'm 3 weeks out from my 2nd dose of Moderna and feeling good and "much safer".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom