COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think you read the article:

“Officials at the press conference gave little detail on what could be behind the infection surge other than to say people were taking fewer precautions against the virus than before and the surge may be due to celebrations after Easter.”

I don’t think you read the article:

“Officials at the press conference gave little detail on what could be behind the infection surge other than to say people were taking fewer precautions against the virus than before and the surge may be due to celebrations after Easter.”

Did you?

“Just under two thirds of those [cases] are either unvaccinated or have only had one dose, and the rest have had two doses, he said.”

So people getting infected generally haven’t completed their vaccinations. I don’t think this shows what you thought it did Boise.

Firstly, let's keep the discussion civil please.

The extract says nothing about how many people who got the virus were extremely ill, hospitalised or died, so to me it is not detailed enough. Too many publications are sensationalism.

I found an extract that states:

Experts say it’s still possible for a small fraction of people to get COVID-19 even if they have had a vaccine. “But, if you get COVID-19 after getting your vaccines, which is unlikely, your symptoms will be dramatically less severe, meaning you are far less likely to need medical care”. Dr Richard Zane.

I believe that people are entitled to choose whether they take it or not, just like the vaccine for the flu.

I believe that people are entitled to choose whether they take it or not, just like the vaccine for the flu.
Sadly this is a key issue that we are dealing with now. This is the only vaccine that people are in a way being forced to take. Don't dare object for whatever personal reason a person may have to pause and say no.

The hysteria by major corporations working with politicians are attempting to not only shame people into taking the vaccine but is actually not allowing people to come back to their job unless they have gotten the vaccine. Schools have been told that they can open up, even with teachers being vaccinated. But that's not happening, even as they get paid since this virus shut the country down. There are two sets of standards here.

Right on here people have attempted to shame people that have expressed reservation to the vaccines too. There are issues with the vaccine, even though people have chosen sides and are not open to listening to others or willing to read some contrary information that does not go along with their opinions or observations.

And when you actually look at the approval process, the vaccines were given approval under an emergency declaration. This is entirely different from the normal procedures and time frames that its taken other drugs to come to the mainstream for use. So things are not absolutely perfect for one and all during this attempt to forcefully vaccinate people.

Last edited:
I agree, Jackie,except that those able to be, but unvaccinated folks, have an affect on the small part of the population that, for whatever reason, can not be vaccinated; thus furthering the spread and extending the restrictions for all. I believe what is going to happen is that venues will require vaccination for admittance. It's happening now. Many of the universities are going to require vaccinations for entry this fall. One way, or another, we will get to "herd immunity". Getting vaccinated can remain the individual's decision but he or she may inducing their own restrictions instead of others. My thoughts on the subject of voluntary vaccinations.

I agree, Jackie,except that those able to, but unvaccinated folks, have an affect on the small part of the population that, for whatever reason, can not be vaccinated; thus furthering the spread and extending the restrictions for all. I believe what is going to happen is that venues will require vaccination for admittance. It's happening now. Many of the universities are going to require vaccinations for entry this fall. One way, or another, we will get to "herd immunity". Getting vaccinated can remain the individual's decision but he or she may inducing their own restrictions instead of others. My thoughts on the subject of voluntary vaccinations.
Restricting your movement is the direction that authoritarian governments take when you don't comply. The U.S. does not have a single law that mandates you take the vaccine in order to move about freely or work without consequence of not taking the vaccine.

Restricting your movement is the direction that authoritarian governments take when you don't comply. The U.S. does not have a single law that mandates you take the vaccine in order to move about freely or work without consequence of not taking the vaccine.
You are right but businesses, schools, etc can require folks to provide proof of vaccination from employees and customers.

You are right but businesses, schools, etc can require folks to provide proof of vaccination from employees and customers.
Yes, you are correct. And there are folks that will not allow you to join them at weddings and cocktail parties. But as it relates to businesses, I am of the belief that the requirement to work depends on getting the vaccine will be challenged and the employers will loose.

Again there is no law in this country that forces any adults to take this Covid 19 vaccine in order to move about freely or work at well established jobs. If you disagree, please provide us with the specific law. Pen and pencil edicts do not apply. There are plenty of discrimination laws that will force the highly charged emotional responses coming from many and driven by the media in particular to back down.

This topic has run it's course and has no more meaningful use, I would say.
There does not need to be a "law". Restrictions abound that limit what we can or can do. Private business can do as they please. It will be a minority does any challenging.

Last edited:
Medical facilities have required their staff have flu vaccinations or wear PPE. I see the same kind of situation coming with the coronavirus vaccine.

Consider what it might be like if smallpox shots, measles shots, polio vaccine and other such weren't nearly universal these days -- I had mumps and chicken pox as a kid (among other things) because we didn't have those vaccinations available. And a friend had his eyesight damaged by measles when he was a kid.

So consider the above and what difference nearly universal COVID shots would make for the future...

Consider what it might be like if smallpox shots, measles shots, polio vaccine and other such weren't nearly universal these days -- I had mumps and chicken pox as a kid (among other things) because we didn't have those vaccinations available. And a friend had his eyesight damaged by measles when he was a kid.

So consider the above and what difference nearly universal COVID shots would make for the future...
There are major differences that seperate these diseases from this current virus. We did not shut the country's economy down or even selectively shut it down. And the country did not shut down public schools either in the modern era. And the Covid 19 vaccine and the flu shots bear no resemblance to each other. Employees in the medical field do not loose their jobs if they do not get the flu vaccine. And its funny that when some are challenged here with civil responses of some opposing points, they want to shut the entire conversation down. This sounds just like the major social networks now. You guys remain silent when the insults were posted from your side of the discussion.

Last edited:
This topic has run it's course and has no more meaningful use, I would say.
There does not need to be a "law". Restrictions abound that limit what we can or can do. Private business can do as they please. It will be a minority does any challenging.
I disagree. If we disregard the anti vaccers (I know, I am one of the worst offenders) and stick to the premise of the post, we could all learn something.

OK bny me. But let's see it stay on topic - :rolleyes: I'm waiting on the booster shot and the side affects that might bring.

My disconnect is the hypocrisy in the name of "following the science". The "science" of this virus is much better understood now than it was a year ago, yet governments are still acting and reacting based on hearsay and opinion of agencies and "experts" with the force of law. I can see this devolving into lawsuits and civil disobedience before government restrictions are lifted.

Separately, why is it incumbent upon those that are not susceptible to the virus, or are willing to accept the risk of getting it, to ensure those more vulnerable are "safe"? I totally get that someone asymptomatic may spread it to someone else, but isn't there some degree of responsibility upon those in higher risk groups or averse to illness to protect themselves? Is it reasonable to incite national and personal economic and emotional chaos across the entire population instead of isolating and protecting just the vulnerable?

One issue I see is that the cycle of lockdowns and restrictions will never end, there will always be some variant or strain of something that unless you've been vaccinated for it, you won't be allowed to return to "normal" activities including travel, public events/gatherings or even employment. Who gets to decide what rises to this level of importance and who gets to decide when it's "safe"? Just because it isn't a law someone must get vaccinated, is denying their ability to earn a living or move around the country any less a revocation of personal freedom than the force of law would?

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom