COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine last month. Reaction? There was no reaction. To either shot. None. zip nada. as I anticipated (I've had many vaccinations and that's how I respond to most of them) (most as in N-1 and I'm not sure of the one as that was a long. long time ago)

Some people in the UK are not being given the vaccine because of their reaction to some of the contents. So some who may want it are unable to get it.

I had mine a week ago (Astra Zeneca), I was very tired that evening and had a sore arm 2 days later. Bit tired and aching for most of the week but not overly so.

My sister got the Pfizer and, as she is part of a covid study group, had a blood test 2.5 weeks later and had zero antibodies. She is a bit concerned about that, but had another blood test last week so hopefully she will find that they have arrived when she gets the results this week. Her husband had the Astra Zeneca a few days before her and his results showed anti bodies which was 3 weeks after.

We are having to wait almost 12 weeks for our second shots unfortunately.

I can tell you why I have not pursued getting this shot.
It has had zero clinical trial. Remember when Fauci said HCQ could not be used because it has not been subjected to a double blind clinical trial?? HCQ has been used and sold over the counter in location where malaria is common since the 30s. There are few reported side effects.
What is being offered is not a vaccine. It is an experimental gene therapy that so far except in some cases is looking pretty good.
What also scares me is that most of the formulations use nano particles of aluminum to stabilize the ingredients. Aluminum has been implicated in Alzheimer syndrome. That has been present on my mother's side of the family.
The thing you have been lied to about is that the death rate is still not much different that the H1N1 flu of 10 years ago. But, that was a different administration and the lame stream press was different.

The thing you have been lied to about is that the death rate is still not much different that the H1N1 flu of 10 years ago. But, that was a different administration and the lame stream press was different.
The CDC lists the 2009 H1N1 worldwide death toll at 151,700 to 575,400. That's far less than the 2.85 million COVID-19 death count.

Last edited:
I find it interesting to hear about folks' reactions to the different vaccines. I just got my second Pfizer shot last Thursday.

First one was easy-peasy. Slightly sore arm, but nothing else noticeable. Even the soreness wasn't too bad - shingles vaccine was WAY worse!

I got the second on around 4 in the afternoon. Felt perfectly fine all evening and when I went to bed. Woke up the next morning feeling headachy and a little woozy. Wouldn't quite call it dizzy, but lightheaded. I took it easy and relaxed for the day, and was right as rain by dinner.

I've heard quite a spectrum from my friends and family. "Feel perfectly fine" to "knocked down for two days" and much in between. One friend just woke up in the middle of the night after shot 2 with serious vertigo; thankfully he was okay by the next morning.

How has it gone for you? No biggie, or feeling crappy for a while?
I got the AstraZeneca vaccine - around 10 am I got it, the first 5 hours was nothing, seriously, I even managed to do my errands and get my hair done :D but when the clock strikes at 4 pm - my body crashed, I suddenly feel so heavy, it feels like I am having flu or something. I started to feel headaches, chills - I couldn't tolerate AC - In short, chills. I also went febrile around 37-38 degrees celsius. It went on for 2 days but I suddenly felt better when taking paracetamol every 4 hours when fever kicks in. (this post is to share knowledge about the side effects guys, please don't be afraid to get vaccinated for added protection)

My wife and I both had the Pfizer vaccine. I had virtually no reaction; after the second dose she was tired for a few days. That was all.

I'm here to tell you that I had the virus, although a mild case compared to some. I didn't end up on a ventilator or in the hospital, I just laid in my coach for 2 weeks wishing I was dead.
As soon as logistics align, I'm getting my shots and I will continue to wear a mask in public situations. There's people out there that have gotten it twice. I'm not interested in being one of them.

After the first dose of Pfizer my wife and I both felt sleepy but we weren't sure it was from the vaccine. 10 minutes after the second dose I felt just like I'd downed 4 shots of whisky in 30 seconds. But not in a good way. Went home and took a 2 hour nap. Through the second day I had that tired feeling you get when coming down with a cold. Of the people I know everyone had a stronger reaction to the 2nd dose of both Pfizer and Moderna.

I have had both of my shots(Pfizer) and only had minor tenderness at the injection site both times. Ann has had her first Pfizer shot. She said the shot itself hurt and some tenderness afterwards.

The problem with so many people not getting the shot is that it will allow the virus to linger on and mutate probably making the shots people have already received ineffective to some of the mutations.

The problem with so many people not getting the shot is that it will allow the virus to linger on and mutate probably making the shots people have already received ineffective to some of the mutations.
That will be the next excuse to keep people in fear.That and if they can get the children in the mix.
no shot.

I am due to get my second Moderna vaccine on 4/15 and my wife gets her second Pfizer vaccine on the same day. My After my first injection I experienced some pain at the injection site and felt out of it a couple hours after for the rest of the day. Woke up the next morning with no pain and feeling fine. I have heard from several people that they had more reaction for 2-3 days after. Time will tell how I will react, but a small price to pay to protect myself and others from this devastating pandemic.

Had covid early on (April last yr) and it lasted nearly four weeks. Still have residual effects (COPD).
Got two shots this Febuary (Moderna), no symptoms first shot & somewhat tired the day after the second.

Ernie

That will be the next excuse to keep people in fear.That and if they can get the children in the mix.
You getting the shot helps others as well as yourself.

Likewise, children may be very unlikely to have any symptoms of COVID, but they can still spread it to others who it can kill.

BTW, so far, the youngest person to die of COVID was a six year old girl in Florida.

Nope, now make that six weeks old.

Perhaps even younger now, as that article is more than a year old.

-Don- Reno, NV

Really interesting to see how wide the spectrum of reactions (or lack thereof) actually is. It's pretty incredible, given how utterly complex the science is, that the vaccines are showing such effectiveness. Especially considering the accelerated timelines involved.

Crazy to be living through this kind of history.

Anyone else have the Johnson & Johnson shot?

Mrs. RRR and I had ours few weeks ago. That was the appointment that we could get so we took it.

The second day I just felt blah for about 12-14 hours, just sat around and did nothing. Arm was a little sore for a few days after. The wife was different. In about 24 hours she started feeling like the flu coming on, the second day she was down for the day. Third day feeling better. Fourth day feeling fine but arm was sore and had a knot for about a week after the shot.

SIL had the J&J also, but like me her reaction was minimal.

Probably died of reasons unrelated to the vaccine. They were all over 65.
And, ""Some of these individuals may ultimately be excluded from this list due to continuing to test positive from a recent infection prior to being fully vaccinated," she said"

Additionally, one of the points that many ignore is that the efficacy numbers for the vaccines are stated to include the fact that, of those very few who DO get infected after being fully vcaccinated, the severity tends to be strongly reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom