COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunSteak

I find it interesting to hear about folks' reactions to the different vaccines. I just got my second Pfizer shot last Thursday.

First one was easy-peasy. Slightly sore arm, but nothing else noticeable. Even the soreness wasn't too bad - shingles vaccine was WAY worse!

I got the second on around 4 in the afternoon. Felt perfectly fine all evening and when I went to bed. Woke up the next morning feeling headachy and a little woozy. Wouldn't quite call it dizzy, but lightheaded. I took it easy and relaxed for the day, and was right as rain by dinner.

I've heard quite a spectrum from my friends and family. "Feel perfectly fine" to "knocked down for two days" and much in between. One friend just woke up in the middle of the night after shot 2 with serious vertigo; thankfully he was okay by the next morning.

How has it gone for you? No biggie, or feeling crappy for a while?

Kim is an instructor at a nursing school - they all got Moderna and most were "knocked down" for at least a day after the 2nd dose. Kim, however, only had a slight headache and was fine (don't even know if the headache was related or coincidental). The only difference we can figure is since Kim had COVID and none of her coworkers did, that somehow helped her. I got Pfizer - sore arm after the 1st dose but nothing worse - I get my 2nd dose tomorrow so we'll see. Don't remember which one my parents got but they reported no troubles.

My friends and family have likewise experienced a range of reactions.
  • I had slight arm soreness and a series of very brief (2 minutes?) headaches over several several hours from my first Phzer shot; nothing at all from the second.
  • My wife had no reaction at all from either Phizer shot
  • My daughter experienced some minor nausea, headaches and fatigue for about 12 hours after her first Phizer shot. Enough to notice, but not enough to stop her from her normal routine.
  • A neighbor complained of major fatigue, general malaise, and some nausea for about 24 hours after his first Moderna shot. His wife had no symptoms at all.
  • Another neighbor said he was "a little tired" for the rest of the day.
  • One sister-in-law reported some tiredness after her first Moderna shot.
  • Another SIL reported no reaction to her Phizer shots.

I had Moderna. First shot just had a little soreness where the shot was injected. It was gone in three days but was still swollen under the skin for a week.
Second shot I has a real sore shoulder that night. Didn’t get much sleep. Was much better 24 hours later. No fever, no chills and no upset stomach.

According to some research reports, it appears the stronger your reaction the faster your immune system is working to create the needed antibodies. We all reach about the same level of protection, but some of us take a little longer to get there. 14 days post injection seems to be the point where pretty much everyone has reached maximum levels for either shot.

DW had a slightly sore arm after her first shot, and a brief (few hours) spate of "not feeling good" the day after her second shot. The only thing I noticed after my shots was a very slight tenderness of the spot of the shot, and then only if I pressed on it hard or lay on it wrong at night.

DW got Maderna and zero reactions.
I got Pfeizer. First dose nothing. Second dose really sore in my pelvis for about 3 days.

The thing to remember about any vaccine is it is alien to the body and the body might or might not react. A very well respected medical advisor here said to look at the list of side effects possible with something as innocuous as an aspirin, yet millions are taken daily.
Some people can eat a bag of peanuts and not even get indigestion, another person could be in very serious danger from just eating one.
It's all a question of relevance and risk, but I would accept the potential side effects of a vaccine over the risk of Covid in a heartbeat.
TonyL

My daughter, a nurse, got her two shots of Pfizer a few months back. Nothing the first time, but she was down for 36 hours with the second - fever, chills, headache, body aches. All the symptoms disappeared at once. Her husband got J&J, nothing more than a regular slightly sore arm. Kevin and I also have had our two shots of Pfizer. A bit of a sore arm with both, like we get with flu shots, and I was sleepy after the second. Then again, it was Sunday afternoon, a time made for naps!

According to some research reports, it appears the stronger your reaction the faster your immune system is working to create the needed antibodies. We all reach about the same level of protection, but some of us take a little longer to get there. 14 days post injection seems to be the point where pretty much everyone has reached maximum levels for either shot.
I too have heard that full effectiveness can take up to 14 days after the second shot. We are playing it safe and assuming that is the case. We'll still mask up and be careful, but will feel better about things after that threshold passes.

I am between shots now ( Maderna ). Only the sore arm after the first, was NBD.

But I hear a lot of stories about the 2nd shot. I am not looking forward to that one, but I want to get it over with.

I wonder if things will get back to normal in a couple of months, not having to wear masks and all businesses back to normal.

-Don- Reno, NV

I cannot believe some people are not getting the shots. The shots are a lot better than being in a hospital and dying. I had no reaction to the shots.

First Pfizer shot yesterday. So far so good-- no reaction at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Mrs Muddypaws and I got Pfizer. We had some soreness at the injection site after the first shot and nothing much at all after the second.

I got my 2nd Moderna shot this past Saturday. Sore arm but I slept better than the night after first shot. Sunday night was a little more sore. Sore still today. Other than that, no other side effects.

I got my 2nd Moderna shot this past Saturday. Sore arm but I slept better than the night after first shot. Sunday night was a little more sore. Sore still today. Other than that, no other side effects.
I hope to have the same luck in a couple of weeks.

-Don- Reno, NV

I guess some of us aren't afraid of a disease with a 2/10000 mortality rate up to 90 years old...

I guess some of us aren't afraid of a disease with a 2/10000 mortality rate up to 90 years old...
The fear was more that all the hospitals were all full.

Other than that, I have more fear of all the non-stop BS never stopping.

If we all get the shots, all the BS will stop and things will get back to normal a lot sooner.

-Don- Reno, NV

The current infection rate where I live is fast approaching 1 in one thousand PER DAY 10 days that's 1% 100 days 10% Not good...

Over half a million dead from it 2nd leading cause of death in the USA (Possibly 1st depending on who you talk to) No, nothing to be scared of. Nothing at all.

I got my shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom