COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow, yet another softball.

A convicted felon writes a paper on hotly debated diets. What could go wrong?

Oh, and make sure the lead author of said study isn’t a convicted felon who pleaded guilty to healthcare fraud.

Dr. Richard M. Fleming was sentenced today in Lincoln, Nebraska, by the Honorable Richard G. Kopf to five years probation with six months home detention, including electronic monitoring, and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $107,244.24 for the felony offenses of health care fraud and mail fraud.

I got my second Pfizer shot Monday, arm just a bit sore like first one, no other side effects.

My brother, in less than desirable health, contemplated the shot for a while. He “caved”, and took the shot! Several hours after receiving the shot (not certain which), feeling as though extremely inebriated, he was getting a ride to the hospital via ambulance.

Many tests later, with BP running at 200+ over 120+, they found nothing wrong.....concluding that it must have been a reaction to the shot.

A week or so later, taking triple daily doses of his BP medication......his BP is high, but under control. He is soon scheduled for his second shot!

I think that I’ll remain shot free for the moment! memtb

Hi Ernie, I thought you were questioning a spam post as your reply was directly below it. If your response was relating to other comments then I've misunderstood. Let me know and I can remove these comments too.
sometimes, an old geezer can’t figure out how new forums work.

I had little reaction to #1 Moderna, but second, OW! I had trouble sleeping that night, and the morning was greeted with the nastiest headache I've had in a long time.
Fortunately, I had all day to laze about the house, and get over it. I spent most of the day napping, and by dinner was feeling better. The arm was kinda painful for a couple of days.
Several family members also had the Moderna, and felt fine the day after #2.

I spoke to soon in my previous post. I got the J&J vaccine last Saturday and felt fine until early Tuesday morning. Woke up hot and sweaty, uncovered and fell back to sleep. Then woke up chilled, with nausea and and a scratchy throat. I was tired and a little achy all day Tuesday, but never had a fever. By Wednesday I felt fine.

After my first shot of Moderna, I just had a sore arm for a day. After the second shot (both in the same arm) my arm was sore for about 2 1/2 days and the day after I was very tired all day. Every time I sat down I fell asleep. Day after that I was back to normal.

Had our 1st Pfizer yesterday. Arm a little sore. No other issues.

I wonder how much smoking or being overweight affects those who get it?

We are active and non smokers,will still wear masks.

Had our 1st Pfizer yesterday. Arm a little sore. No other issues.

I wonder how much smoking or being overweight affects those who get it?

We are active and non smokers,will still wear masks.
The two people I know with the worst reactions were young (under 30) and healthy. They didn’t get any reaction to the first dose of Pfizer, but they were both knocked down by the second dose for a day. I planned my schedule to be able to manage it, and all I got after the second dose was a slightly sore arm, like a flu shot. And I am 66, non-smoker, and quite round.

I had little reaction to #1 Moderna, but second, OW! I had trouble sleeping that night, and the morning was greeted with the nastiest headache I've had in a long time.
Fortunately, I had all day to laze about the house, and get over it. I spent most of the day napping, and by dinner was feeling better. The arm was kinda painful for a couple of days.
Several family members also had the Moderna, and felt fine the day after #2.
Yeah after my morning headache I actually started feeling pretty poorly in the afternoon. Very achy like an oncoming flu. I too vegged all afternoon and was fine the next day.

How long after that 2nd shot? Did those symptoms start in a few hours or more or less?

-Don- Reno, NV

For me the afternoon of the shot was fine. The next day was a headache from about 6am to about noon and by 2pm I was feeling pretty beat up.

For me the afternoon of the shot was fine. The next day was a headache from about 6am to about noon and by 2pm I was feeling pretty beat up.
Okay, good, that was what I was hoping as I was planning on riding my electric motorcycle down to get the 2nd shot (in ten more days) and I want to be sure I can ride back okay. I will plan on taking it easy the next day. Perhaps I will spend that day posting a few messages here . . .

-Don- Cold Springs Valley, NV

I've had both 1st and 2nd shots of the Moderna vaccine, both at 11AM, exactly 4 weeks apart - 2nd was done 1 week ago. 1st shot just a bit of a sore arm, 2nd shot - well - afternoon of the next day (like 24 hours following the shot) I ran a low fever (99) felt a bit chilled and tired. Took Tylenol and went to bed at 5pm, got up the next day with no symptoms but tired from not a lot of sleep. No problems since.
Good luck Don.

How long after that 2nd shot? Did those symptoms start in a few hours or more or less?

-Don- Reno, NV
2nd shot was 28 days after 1st.
I felt fine all day, but went to bed around 10 pm. Had a fitful night, and finally woke at around 6 am with the headache. The day was just horrible. aches and pains, and spent the day laying about, and napping.
It was a good thing that I had nothing planned, because that is exactly what I got done.

The next day was much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom