COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to decide whether to stay in a campground close to where I got the second shot of Moderna or to head out and drive for four hours to the next site where I was planning on staying for a week. Son had shot in January because he was and is a high school teacher in a live classroom, so I took his advice and drove immediately after shot. Effects were a slight headache, but it did not occur until about 6 hours after the shot. Went away with a couple of Tylenol. Another headache the next day but also cured with tylenol.

So, I think you can ride your motorcycle home after the shot. Just keep a couple of tylenol around that evening.

Feels great to be fully vaccinated because a lot of stress is relieved. No more worrying if I got too close to that person in the store or if the wind was blowing the virus towards me when I was outside talking to someone. I still wear a mask in stores, but I am much less worried about getting sick.

Feels great to be fully vaccinated because a lot of stress is relieved. No more worrying if I got too close to that person in the store or if the wind was blowing the virus towards me when I was outside talking to someone. I still wear a mask in stores, but I am much less worried about getting sick.

I feel the same way. We still are, and will remain, careful about masking and social distancing, but I definitely feel like the stress level has gone down a bit.

After a year of this, I'll happily take what I can get!

Reactions immediately after the shot are somewhat rare, and I was fine the day of the second shot.
IT is the morning after that you probably want to be prepared to take it really easy.
Daughter had the J & J a week ago. She was fine that evening, but called in sick the morning after, complaining of a headache. next day was back at work.

Reactions immediately after the shot are somewhat rare, and I was fine the day of the second shot.
IT is the morning after that you probably want to be prepared to take it really easy.
Daughter had the J & J a week ago. She was fine that evening, but called in sick the morning after, complaining of a headache. next day was back at work.
Yeah, that was exactly my experience with the J&J shot. Then add the stress of all the news reports about the clotting issue hitting the air waves the day after I got the shot. Approaching 2 weeks now, so I'm probably safe.

I got my second Moderna shot on Sunday. First shot gave me a sore arm for a couple of days. So did the second shot, along with being totally bedbound and semi-conscious for 24 hours starting Sunday evening. I'm just coming out of it now.

The technician warned me this might happen, and said the best thing to do is just ride it out.

My sister had a similar reaction to the Pfizer vaccine.

On the plus side, I heard the stronger the reaction to the second shot, the more effective it is. I guess I'm pretty much bulletproof now.

Viajeros, where are you? I don't think the AZ is used in the US.

Yeah, that was exactly my experience with the J&J shot. Then add the stress of all the news reports about the clotting issue hitting the air waves the day after I got the shot. Approaching 2 weeks now, so I'm probably safe.
I read a fascinating article about the underlying cause of the J&J clotting. Turns out it is an immune response to something in the vaccine binding with a platelet component and triggering a immune response against platelets and the blood vessel lining. The same thing happens in a tiny number of those who are given heparin - same immunological markers, same test results, the clots look the same (not the way most clots look). The good result is there is a well-established protocol for the heparin responses that has shown to work the same way. The key is to get patients and clinicians recognizing the situation. Like I said, fascinating article, though quite long.

I read a fascinating article about the underlying cause of the J&J clotting. Turns out it is an immune response to something in the vaccine binding with a platelet component and triggering a immune response against platelets and the blood vessel lining. The same thing happens in a tiny number of those who are given heparin - same immunological markers, same test results, the clots look the same (not the way most clots look). The good result is there is a well-established protocol for the heparin responses that has shown to work the same way. The key is to get patients and clinicians recognizing the situation. Like I said, fascinating article, though quite long.

Fascinating. Thanks for mentioning this - looks like I have some reading to do.

The article I read quoted one of the researches as being amazed the cause was something already studied. There have been other vaccines for different diseases that have had reactions that no one has been able to figure out the root biological cause for 20 years. The fact they discovered the underlying biology of this one so quickly and have treatment protocols established is really fantastic.

"Report: Pfizer and Moderna COVID “Vaccines” Could Trigger Alzheimer’s, ALS, and Other Neurological Degenerative Diseases"
And if they do a test on distilled water, they will probably determine it can lead to cancer, much like everything else tested.

AFAIK, nothing is risk-free, especially with any medically related stuff. It's the risk doing such versus not doing such.

I get my 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow.

Perhaps we should do away with all medicines & vaccines because:

"I firmly believe that if the whole materia medica, as now used , could be sunk to the bottom of the sea, it would be better for mankind-and all the worse for the fishes."

- Dr. Danny Sands

-Don- Reno, NV

"Report: Pfizer and Moderna COVID “Vaccines” Could Trigger Alzheimer’s, ALS, and Other Neurological Degenerative Diseases"

Oh my, here we go again...
re. Mr. Classen:

"Pants on fire: rating from Politifact:
John Barthelow Classen is an anti-vaccine advocate who has published research falsely linking vaccines to diabetes, Alzheimer's, and other diseases.

COVID-19 vaccines, prion disease, and Alzheimer’s: Another old antivax lie is new again
Antivax immunologist J. Bart Classen recently published a paper claiming that mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines can cause prion disease leading to neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s dementia. What are prions, and can these vaccines cause prion disease? Unsurprisingly, Classen is just wildly speculating based on highly implausible biology.

And the list goes on, and on, and on,, and...

I have never heard of Hennessys View so I went to their website to determine if they were legitimate. The very first article I saw on their homepage was "The Zombie Apocalype Is Coming, But it Won't look like the Walking Dead". Well that answered my question, no reliability at all.

I had my second Moderna shot Friday, and again my arm was sore for a couple of days. This time both my wife and I felt very tired the next day, but that was it. As far as the political aspect, the people running governments are just as human as those they govern, and should always be treated as such. Skepicism is good, but baseless paranoia is not. I think it is perfectly reasonable to have questions about the safety of a vaccine that would was developed and approved so quickly. But I am convinced of its safety, and I would not have received one if I was not. And if those touting the vaccine the loudest are correct, I have little to worry about from others choosing NOT to get the vaccine.

Back on topic, I have three more children (ages 30-40) and a DIL (39), all astonishingly healthy, who have finished their vaccine series. Three had sore arms with the second shot (Pfizer) and one had a fever and tiredness lasting 24 hours (Moderna). None of them regret the shots. This makes all of my family except my grandchildren (2-11) fully vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom