COVID Vaccine Reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
South America and Brazil in particular have been devastated by covid and they have very limited access to vaccine. I think the Boise crowd should take a vacation in Brazil and prove to us that the vaccine is dangerous.

calendar.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1#main_7

So do you spend all your waking hours scouring the Internet searching for anything negative to say about vaccines that scientists and health professionals universally say are our best hope of getting beyond this global pandemic?

No one has ever been convinced to change their stance on abortion, gun control, religion, etc. based on random internet posts from people they don’t really know. I would have guessed everyone who has used Internet forums or social media knew that, but some people do seem to try anyway. Pro tip: it doesn’t work. Why don’t we just kind of stick to the topic of how a poster or someone they had direct knowledge of had or didn’t have a reaction.

Search the US Gov. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) for yourself...
I would rather search this:

• Missing rates. It is important to know the rate of vaccine reactions, so that you can say what percentage of vaccinated people react. Although the MedAlerts VAERS search engine does have biometric data showing the number of vaccine doses that were distributed, this is subject to many inaccuracies and is not as good as the data from an active monitoring system (see the July 2011 blog entry).

-Don- Reno, NV

No one has ever been convinced to change their stance on abortion, gun control, religion, etc. based on random internet posts from people they don’t really know. I would have guessed everyone who has used Internet forums or social media knew that, but some people do seem to try anyway. Pro tip: it doesn’t work. Why don’t we just kind of stick to the topic of how a poster or someone they had direct knowledge of had or didn’t have a reaction.
Things only go one way here. If anyone has a different of opinion or share anything other that a high five or attaboy responses from the majority, then they get insults completely off topic hurled at them, as is displayed above. A person cannot have an opposing point of view on your listed topics for sure, even though they are not discussed here in any form.. But its not really about the topic, just the intolerance on display. The cheap shots very rarely gets pulled either from any of these off topic discussions from RV related items. They are surely not even close to friendly banter.
Cheers

If anyone has a different of opinion or share anything other that a high five or attaboy responses from the majority, then they get insults completely off topic hurled at them, as is displayed above. A person cannot have an opposing point of view on your listed topics for sure, even though they are not discussed here in any form.
It seems you are misunderstanding our reactions (mine for certain), in that my only objection isn't related to his STANCE on whether to vaccinate or not, but to his persistent, pesky throwing out of quotes from various sources, seemingly just to annoy us. It's waaaaay overdone. We all are aware of his stance on the subject, and it's his right to feel that way, but I'm starting to feel about those pesky posts much as I do about the spam calls on my phone, wanting them to go away because they are so frequent and annoyingly made at (often) very inconvenient times, and seem to serve no purpose except annoyance.

It seems you are misunderstanding our reactions (mine for certain), in that my only objection isn't related to his STANCE on whether to vaccinate or not, but to his persistent, pesky throwing out of quotes from various sources, seemingly just to annoy us. It's waaaaay overdone. We all are aware of his stance on the subject, and it's his right to feel that way, but I'm starting to feel about those pesky posts much as I do about the spam calls on my phone, wanting them to go away because they are so frequent and annoyingly made at (often) very inconvenient times, and seem to serve no purpose except annoyance.
Not everyone will post according to each and everyone's likes and dislikes in these venues on a given topic. We learn nothing from echo chambers either. Its been pointed out that we much only post on topic and in a friendly manner. By the way what does the moon landing have to do with Covid?;) But of course that"s acceptable .No biggie, I don't take these outlets too seriously.. But I do like to read more than just simular ugliness that the outside world displays everyday. But hey, EV topics are really cool, but not my constant diet each day. Hint, Hint:)

I'm still searching for a forum that discusses RV's and the RV life that stays on topic. Every one of them, this one included gets sideways because people can't help themselves with their political views or views on topics where they feel compelled to explain why their viewpoint is right and everyone else is wrong. I am Internet Warrior, Hear me Roar! When did the people of this Country become so intolerant of others and so willing to attack?

I'm still searching for a forum that discusses RV's and the RV life that stays on topic. Every one of them, this one included gets sideways because people can't help themselves with their political views or views on topics where they feel compelled to explain why their viewpoint is right and everyone else is wrong. I am Internet Warrior
Stick around. What you're claiming to be the norm is FAR from it. The VAST MAJORITY of posts here do not contain political discussions. Sure, there's some inevitable disagreements from time to time on various subjects and opposing points of view can get a bit heated, but that's hardly "every one of them".

There's an amazing variety of participants here with knowledge and insights into a wide spectrum of just about any issue you can think of related to the RV life. And folks like myself who still have a lot to learn benefit from their willingness to share their knowledge freely.

You misinterpreted what I said. I meant every forum and you confirmed that. I didn't mean every post or topic within a forum. That would be crazy if that were allowed.

You don't have to read the "sideways" posts. It's an option. :cool:
There are times that I can get through the "new" posts in a few minutes, skipping irrelevant stuff; and other times that I enjoy the "off" discussions contained within a topic.

I would rather search this:

• Missing rates. It is important to know the rate of vaccine reactions, so that you can say what percentage of vaccinated people react. Although the MedAlerts VAERS search engine does have biometric data showing the number of vaccine doses that were distributed, this is subject to many inaccuracies and is not as good as the data from an active monitoring system (see the July 2011 blog entry).

-Don- Reno, NV

DonTom, you do realize your link was posted 9 years before Covid 19 and my link, from the same website, was posted on 4/23/21, right?

Nothing like "proving" a point with outdated data...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrWil
Back
Top Bottom