CPAP Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skipper

would like to see pics for cpap machine placement when a bedside nightstand or shelf does not exsist. Also how the hose was placed or hung above the sleep area. If you built a shelf, where and how it is mounted.

1st, I have a slide out.
I have a good size double door closet next to the bed and I built a shelf inside the closet to hold the machine. Then I ran the hose up to the molding of the slide out and made a couple of brackets to hold the hose. Then the hose drops down to my mask.

Sorry, mine has a small shelf. If it would not, I would locate where the studs are and installed one from them. This is something I did for the room tv. I use one, so I know how important this is. Wish you well!

I'm struggling with this same issue in our new-to-us 5W. So I was interested in the responses. I've attached a Command Strip hook to support the hose, and I'm trying placement of the CPAP machine on a Kleenex box in the hope I can reach it to turn it on and off. I suspect I'll need to make a narrow unattached side-shelf that I'll remove before bringing in the slideout.

I just set mine on the floor, the shelf by the beds too small for a machine.
On the floor is too far for me to reach to turn the machine on and off. I've been spoiled by the bedside shelves we had in our motorhome.

On the floor is too far for me to reach to turn the machine on and off. I've been spoiled by the bedside shelves we had in our motorhome.
My machine turns itself on & off, never had one I had to turn on. Put the pillow on breath and it starts take it off and the free flow turns it off. ResMed 10

Attachments

• AirSense 10 Elite CPAP Machine.jpg
    AirSense 10 Elite CPAP Machine.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 9
Not trying to hyjack this tread but does anyone have one of the recall machines? I have one and it’s been around 2 months and I haven’t heard anything yet from the manufacturer.

My machine turns itself on & off, never had one I had to turn on. Put the pillow on breath and it starts take it off and the free flow turns it off. ResMed 10
Mine does the same. But, if I decide in the middle of the night that I need to turn it off ...

My temporary solution was to pull out the drawer below the closet that is beside the bed and place plywood across the open drawer. The CPAP then sits on the plywood type shelf. The hose stretches around the closet to hang across a reading lamp near wife's head; not an ideal solution but workable. When in use, the wife can move but the hose sometimes hinders movement.

I Will probably place a 1x6 shelf across the pillow line between the 2 closets; then place a coat type hook on the bottom of the shelf above her pillow to hold the hose. The shelf will be stained to match existing woodwork. If someone has better way/idea then let me know.

We are "weekend" campers so the CPAP isn't permanent in the house or RV.

In the RV, I have a collapsible plastic crate that's about 1' high. When unfolded and turned upside down on the floor next to the bed, it is a little stand for my CPAP. When I don't want the CPAP out, I set the CPAP inside of the crate loosely with the hose and mask, and the crate stows in the closet.

Here's a solution my wife came up with that fits in the narrow space between our bed and the wall. Works very well for my needs to hold the CPAP machine, box of Kleenex, my Android tablet, and bottle of water. Easy to top up the humidifier tank.

To hang the hose, headgear and mask (pillows), I merely attached a Command Strip hook to the edge of the slideout.

When we had a TT...

Power supply for my Philips is 12 VDC - so, with our axial queen bed near the dinette, i cut a hole in the back of the adjacent seat for the air hose and ran that behind the head of the mattress and under my pillow for "storage" and ready access. Meanwhile, I installed a 12 V cigarette outlet under the removable dinette top cushion (it converts to a bed, as many do on TTs). Bought a "cigarette" 12 volt plug and plugged in the CPAP inside the dinette base. Since the CPAP turns on and off, I simply grab the headgear, breathe and it starts. When I want it to shut off I simply stick it back under the pillow.

built this using pine. Sherwin Williams did the stain match. Attached it using cleat hanger. Yes, it extends a few inches over mattress but my wife is ok with it. Shelf can be removed to tuck the sheets, etc

Attachments

• 182AC502-7F95-4ED2-8AE4-63A3BA2B99D5.jpeg
    182AC502-7F95-4ED2-8AE4-63A3BA2B99D5.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 6936FD75-F396-4FD4-8A37-9D877B065B29.jpeg
    6936FD75-F396-4FD4-8A37-9D877B065B29.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 11
built this using pine. Sherwin Williams did the stain match. Attached it using cleat hanger. Yes, it extends a few inches over mattress but my wife is ok with it. Shelf can be removed to tuck the sheets, etc
Nice job. I planned to make my own, but my better half beat me to it and ordered one. I still need to replace the lower piece of fabric with a wooden shelf. I also need to cut (round off) one corner of the upper shelf to remove the square corner that gets me when I get out of bed.

Thanks! This one was very simple design. CPAP on lower shelf. Top shelf for her whatever. All Measurements are equal. She may use a command hook for hose. Can be flipped for right side of bed. Took longer to stain and seal than to layout, cut,and assemble. Maybe this will help someone else. Oh, the hanger was purchase at Lowe’s.

This one was very simple design. CPAP on lower shelf. Top shelf for her whatever. All Measurements are equal. She may use a command hook for hose. Can be flipped for right side of bed. Took longer to stain and seal than to layout, cut,and assemble. Maybe this will help someone else. Oh, the cleat hanger was purchased at Lowe’s.

Back
Top Bottom