Crank out jealousy window repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

The operator does not open and close the small vent window. I managed to remove it and found what the problem was. It's the old round peg in square hole problem. Literally, someone slide a six sided operator on to a square rod. Then they jammed a small piece of metal through the operator in an attempt to tighten it up. Bottom line, it just didn't work properly.

I bought an operator off Amazon but it's too big to fit on the window. Also the bolt pattern to secure the frame is different. There are other sizes available on Amazon but unless I can determine the correct operator it's just a hit or miss issue.

Anyone know how to determine size or whatever info I need to find the correct operator. It's for a 2005 Fleetwood product. It's the small vent window at the bottom of the emergency exit window. I've attached a pix of a similar operator I found on Amazon.

Attachments

• 81MZMcvnP-L._AC_AA152_.jpg
    81MZMcvnP-L._AC_AA152_.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
Mobile home supply stores usually have a wide selection of this type of window crank. So do hardware stores in areas where mobile homes are popular. There are dozens of size & shape variations, so compare carefully. Assuming the shape & bolt pattern were ok, it's easier to take your old one in to a store and compare rather than eyeballing online.

The word you're looking for is "jalousie".
Not necessarily - awning style windows use the same crank operator.

OP's title states "crank out jealousy window repair", so I made an assumption.
You may be right, but his description sounds more like a single louvered pane rather than a jalousie set of panes. Sorry if my remark came out as a nitpik; I only meant to open up the choice of terminology for the crank operator type. Different people and stores may use one term or the other for the same thing. Or use the term "louver".

Thanks for the link Ray.

Rather than try to find the correct operator, replacing the torque tube might be easier. White the existing operator doesn't fit perfectly, it may work with the correct tube.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom