Crossfire tire pressure system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Anyone using the crossfire system ?  My question is with it installed, do you then have one common air valve stem to fill both tires ?
Any good or bad comments about using it ?  Was it necessary to remove the outer wheel to install ?

Thanks everyone !

I haven't tried them because like extenders they add more air connections to leak.  I do believe there are others here that use them and also there are some that tried them or something similar and removed them because of leaks and other problems.  The get a thumbs down from me.

Yes. The schrader valve is on the Crossfire module itself, the thingy that joins the two tire valves together. You could fill the tires individually by disconnecting the externders at the tire's own valve and adding air, but that's pointless becasue the air flows between the two tires as sonn as you connect the extenders to the Crossfire module.  You can see the valve in the pictures of th Crossfire.

smokeater1 said:
Anyone using the crossfire system ?  My question is with it installed, do you then have one common air valve stem to fill both tires ?
Any good or bad comments about using it ?  Was it necessary to remove the outer wheel to install ?

Thanks everyone !

I have had mine almost two years and never had a problem or a leak of any kind. I also have Pressure Pro. Crossfire provides  for using Pressure Pro together.

I installed mine and did so without removing a wheel. Just have to reach in between the tires and I used a small wrench to tighten the connection on the valve stem.

Love them and would not be without either Pressure Pro or Crossfires. For an old guy who has years of kneeling and checking and airing tires this combo makes life easy.

Bob

Bob,  Thanks for the info.  My valve stems are difficult to fill from, the wire support for the valve extender for the inside wheel is too flimsy to keep the extender which is braided steel, from bending. So I have to try and hold the end with my fingers and jam the air chuck on.  Gotta be a better way !
I understand the idea is for the tire pressure to equalize if one had a leak, but what happens if one tire has a really bad air loss. How much air does the good tire retain ?

smokeater1 said:
I understand the idea is for the tire pressure to equalize if one had a leak, but what happens if one tire has a really bad air loss. How much air does the good tire retain ?

I believe its 70 pounds for the good tire. When I installed mine I did not tighten one connection down well and had a slow leak. RV was in front of house and a few hours I went out and it had worked as planned. One tire had lost air and other was at 70. So I proved that it works. Have never had another test. :)

Here is the Crossfire web site with all the specifics. http://www.dualdynamics.com/crossfires/index.shtml

I bought mine from Midway Auto in Dallas and they were very good folks to deal with. http://www.midwayautosupply.com/

Bob

Back
Top Bottom