Crossroads RV Zinger ZT32QB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowguy800

After much internet research and quite a bit of time on various RV dealer lots I think we may have found a trailer with most of the features we are looking for (quad bunks, side slide out, lots of cabinet space, etc) and that by my calculations we can pull with our present truck (2005 F150 Supercrew 5.4L V8 with 3.73 gears).

The Zinger ZT32QB has a GVWR of 8,010 lbs.? and dry weight of 6,000 lbs.? I can't see us having 2,000lbs of stuff in it, but am using that number for calculation purposes as you suggest.

Any experiences with the Crossroads Zinger brand?

Also, it seems by my calculations we should be ok on the tow vehicle side of things as well... yes?

Thanks for all the great information on the forum!

David

If you have the 2WD version, your rating from the tables is 9,500.  Allowing a safety factor of 10% you get a rating of 8550 lbs.  you are cool in terms of the east of the Rockies.  Allowing the safety factor of 20% for the west (altitudes and long grades) you get a rating of 7600 lbs. 

Your GVWR of 8010 has a safety factor of actually 16%.  If you are in love with the trailer and you are not going to do things like Monarch Pass in Colorado...what the hell.  8)

Crossroads is not a brand we hear much about - they are one of the smaller manufacturers and don't have a national distribution.  I looked at their web site and the page labeled "Construction Standards" and did not see anything that indicated unusually sturdy construction - the items they mentioned seemed typical of a vacation class trailer.  But if they do a quality job of putting it together, there is no reason it wouldn't give you good service.

Thanks guys.

Carl - we actually have the 4x4 so we are at 9,200 rating.? So, our cushion is at 13%.? We are in Minnesota though and the Rockies are not something we're planning on trailering through.? Thanks for the input.

Gary - thanks for reviewing the construction info.? I have looked at that information as well, but am not versed with the major variances between brands on those construction components.? Clearly, it is a balancing issue for manufacturers between sturdiness and weight.? Weekend trips and perhaps a few weeklong jaunts are what we are planning for, so it sounds like this won't be a bad choice for us.

Thanks again for your thoughts guys.? This forum is extremely helpful for us newbies? ;D

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom