Cruise control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolsout2

Just curious but I was traveling when it started to get dark and I turned on my headlights.  The cruise control turned off.  It works fine until I turn the lights on, but will not come on with the headlights turned on.  Is this normal?  It is a workhorse chassis with the chevy engine and Allison trans.  It is not enough of a problem to spend money on at this time.

I would have to say that is not normal. I have never heard of any lights shutting off the CC as they are separate circuits. I would first suspect some wires rubbing or shorting together. With the CC off, after turning on your lights, can you then engage the cruise control and use it normally or is it inop?

As long as the lights are on it does not work.  I figured it is a fault in the wiring.  Not sure I want to invest a lot of time tracing, but will look for wiring faults.

You can go here for the wiring if you don't have the schematics: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm
That shows the coach and the frame wiring.

I would suspect a bad ground in the rear taillight and brake light circuits. This would cause a voltage on the brake light circuit which in turn will turn off cruise control.

Back
Top Bottom