Cummins Onan 5500 Hours on Meter Not Correct?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phil-t

So, we are in the process of selling our 2010 Winnebago Vista and the potential buyer asked about generator hours. I have maintenaznce records showing 423 last fall when I serviced the unit. Other records previous to that seem OK as well. I went to get the actual, current hours and found over 2000! What the heack is that, I said to myself. Anyone else see that? Two years ago we had service at a Cummins shop in NM and they recorded 271 on the work order. About the only use it gets is exercise and travel stops while on the road. We don't do much boon or wally docking these days.

My records are regular and don't go along with the reading. I'm wondering if there is a way the meter continued to run in this case - I was plugged in to a 30A outlet, this winter while camphosting, I started the generator without unplugging shore power, ran some appliances for load for ~20 minutes, shut the appliances down, then shut the genny down. Just a guess, I'm going test that theory today. Doesn't seem likely.

I think the hour meter runs whenever there is +120vac on the line to the meter. If a wiring change inadvertently back-feeds 120v to that circuit, the meter would just keep on ticking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom