Curious about a toad fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debsmg

A friend and I were driving a Uhaul down to Arizona and we got onto I40 west in New Mexico. Traffic was backed up due to an RV -looked like a diesel pusher with Jeep Wrangler in tow that had caught fire. The front was burned and both front tires were flat. RV looked ok. Fire was out when we passed it. Just curious as to what may have caused it since I pull a vehicle in tow. Blown tire?

debsmg said:
. Just curious as to what may have caused it since I pull a vehicle in tow. Blown tire?

I have heard second hand stories of RVers that don?t keep their backup camera on and don?t have a TPMS that have had blown toad tires which have led to a fire. Seems plausible

Dragging brakes, failed wheel bearing, blown tire, left in park or gear, are all possible causes of engine fires. Faulty wiring is another possibility.

How about "Forgot to leave the ignition in a NOT LOCKED position.

Electrical fire

Many causes.  Best option .. I have absolutly NO idea why RV makers do not put an "Always on" switch on the back up camera but I have to manually turn it on EVERY time I fire up the horse.

If my rear camera display was on when I shut off the engine, it comes back on when I fire up again. If the display was off, it will automatically turn on if I shift into reverse. I rarely turn it off...

My rearview monitor has a switch for always on and I keep it on all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom