Custom RV for mobile lab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJSchwab

I'm looking to build a mobile lab (IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!) and I'm looking to buy a custom RV.  I wouldn't need any beds or standard living accesories, 'cause I'd need room for all the instruments (although a bathroom might be nice), and I'd want it to be at least 30' long.  Do you guys know of any top-quality builders who might be able to make this happen?

Back in the Dark Ages I used to work in lab-equipped trailers as a oil well mud logger.  The units were custom ordered travel trailers, hollow shells with lab benches and gear installed.  I suspect that for what you want to do, converting an existing unit will be a real pita over even a short haul.  Look around the industry with Google, I suspect you can come up with customizers, or if you are into do-it-yourself, you can buy a shell unit.

MJSchwab said:
I'm looking to build a mobile lab (IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!) and I'm looking to buy a custom RV. I wouldn't need any beds or standard living accesories, 'cause I'd need room for all the instruments (although a bathroom might be nice), and I'd want it to be at least 30' long. Do you guys know of any top-quality builders who might be able to make this happen?

By the way, which science?

The Class C with a tubular steel roll bar cage and ranked in the top three for many years is the Born Free from Dodgen Ind in Humbolt IA, I believe. From a risk managementperspective the first 10 word speak volumes.

All dodgen products are custom built using the single team approach.

Dodgen also has a business diivision that has made clics, offices. comm vans e.t.c. since 1977. I recommend that you check this site out thoroughly: Dodgen RVs

Carl Lundquist said:
By the way, which science?
Environmental science.  We're studying how to reduce emissions by buying a huge massively fuel-consuming monster of a vehicle.

It's an investment!

OK, if you are looking for a lab that occupies fixed locations for say a week a trailer would be indicated.  For a lab constantly on the roam, a class C motorhome is the best be.  With water tanks and installed genset you would be independent of 'shore' power and utilities.  Custom Cs can be really any size.  Do go with customization.

We're studying how to reduce emissions by buying a huge massively fuel-consuming monster of a vehicle.
Talk to Fred Thomas, CPO, USN, retired, but I'm afraid you may run into some clearance problems with a used destroyer ;D

Seriously though, Are you looking for a really bad passenger car, commercial vehicle, or what? My automotive friends can probably point out several passenger cars or engines that were notorious gas-guzzlers and polluters. May even have a source.

Karl said:
Talk to Fred Thomas, CPO, USN, retired, but I'm afraid you may run into some clearance problems with a used destroyer ;D

Seriously though, Are you looking for a really bad passenger car, commercial vehicle, or what? My automotive friends can probably point out several passenger cars or engines that were notorious gas-guzzlers and polluters. May even have a source.

Karl,

I think you totally missed his tongue in cheek point.

He is studying how to reduce emissions. He was pointing out the irony of doing this by purchasing a large RV. (huge massively fuel-consuming monster of a vehicle)

Born Free's sister company, Dodgen Mobile Technologies, currently manufacturers Mobile Labs.  Check their web site

www.dodgenmobiletech.com

When I hear of a mobile lab I think of Meth lab's but those are usually stollen RV's.......moven up in the world?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom