CW to end publication of Trailer Life & Motorhome print magazines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Camping World Holdings has announced it will cease publication of its iconic RV print magazines, Trailer Life & Motorhome magazines.  CW also announced the creation of a new "RV Magazine" and new RV.COM website.
According to CW's press release...

RV.com and RV Magazine will offer readers exclusive product reveals and reviews for all RV types, top travel destinations, recipes, money saving ideas and trending products. New product innovations and solutions that are driving the industry will be spotlighted, along with safety tips for the outdoors.

There is a bit more info in this Chicago Daily Herald news article:

https://www.dailyherald.com/business/20200908/camping-world-holdings-launches-new-website

Bummer - one of things I love to do is read through magazines under the awning with a cold beverage. I don't mind reading online but many times we're in state parks with no wifi and my tablet is only 7". Oh well - good thing I'm about 2 years behind on my reading - I still have lots to read! My subscription runs through April '22 - I hope the honor it.

I used to subscribe to Motorhome magazine. But I quit about 4 years ago as it had become just another vehicle for advertising Camping World. The only thing still useful was the annual booklet on towable vehicles.

Agree - Trailer Life has also become a CW advertising tool but I've still enjoyed most of the destination articles, new model reviews, how-to tips, etc. And it's only like $15 per year. Oh well, Motor Trend and Golf Digest are still in print.  ;D

I've gotten my Trailer Life subscription renewal mailer and an invitation to the new RV Magazine within a week of each other - not sure what they're trying to pull here but I'm going to have to call/email and see if I can find out what the future holds.

That's really a shame.  Back in the 1960s when we were first getting into RVing, we subscribed to both of those magazines and we both read them cover to cover.  We used to cut the technical articles out and save them for future reference.  We still get Motorhome magazine and still read it, now not so much for the technical articles but for the really informative travel and destination articles many of which I still cut out to carry when we travel.

ArdraF

New magazine is geared to the new rv owner and features mostly class B and trailers.
I'm trying to cancel my subscription but they won't reply to my e-mail. Sounds just like Camping World doesn't it?

Really expected this to happen 20 years ago the last time I bought a copy. Heck even back them it was 90% advertisement. Even the articles were nothing but advetisements.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom