D-WnGuard or Protectall on top of a fresh wax job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DougJ

I'm NOT looking to reopen the debate as to which is better but do have this question:

Is there any technical downside to using either dri-wash n guard or protectall right after having a "cut paste" and wax job done on a fibreglass motorhome?

Those of you at QZ for the last few days of QZ 2007 may recall the old Winnebago with the tired looking surface.  I've just had some of the tiredness removed.

Ciao,

Doug

Do not apply Dri Wash 'n Guard over a waxed surface.  Wait until the wax is worn off, then use the Dri Wash 'n Guard.

Can't think of any downside, but can't think of any advantage to doing so either. Wax protects fine, so why add another protectant? Once that wax job begins to wear out (2-10 months, depending on quality of the product) you can replace it with Dri-wash or ProtectAll.

Do not apply Dri Wash 'n Guard over a waxed surface.  Wait until the wax is worn off, then use the Dri Wash 'n Guard.

Thanks Ned and RV Roamer--both of you saying the same thing.  Is there a principle, sort of strip the old wax off the linoleum floor before putting on new wax?

Is it that  one kind / brand of wax won't adhere properly to another kind / brand?  Setting aside the matter of waste of time and effort, and of money, what is the problem?  Do we know empirically that there is a problem.

Not looking to argue, just to understand.

Ciao,

Doug

I didn't say it can't be done, Doug.  Just the opposite, in fact. I just said it is of no advantage to do so, i.e. a waste of effort.

I know of no reason to strip off any remaining wax product - or any other type/brand of surface protecting and/or shine product - before applying either one.

I didn't say it can't be done, Doug.  Just the opposite, in fact. I just said it is of no advantage to do so, i.e. a waste of effort.

Oh, good.  Your point that there is no advantage is made clear to me.

I am assuming that the point that there is no disadvantage (technically as opposed to the waste of effort) is true.  Is my assumption correct?

Ciao,

Doug

No disadvantage that I can see, Doug.  But both Dri-wash and ProtectAll are cleaners as well as waxes and their polishing action will tend to remove whatever is underneath them anyway. ProtectAll has less cleaning action than DriWash, so it might affect the underlying wax less. That's all conjecture on my part, though. And  6 months or so after the wax application, it's pretty much a moot point anyway.

But both Dri-wash and ProtectAll are cleaners as well as waxes and their polishing action will tend to remove whatever is underneath them anyway.

OK, I won't rush out to put either on top of whatever wax the "rv wash and wax" boys used.  I had been thinking that if I got on this right away it would forestall deterioration of the wax job I had someone else do.

Ciao,

Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom