Damon Daybreak Dash buttons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnrf76

Hi everyone.  I'm hoping somebody out there can help me determine what a few buttons on my 97 Damon Daybreak are.  The owners manual is less than helpful.  The on/off switch for the airhorn?...as far as I know, it's never had an airhorn.  The previous owner passed away, and his wife didn't know much about what they do. 

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 77
I would guess that the green one on the top row is a battery disconnect based on the drawing above it.

Sorry , I just go for the low hanging fruit, (easy answer).  LOL

On second look they may have replaced it with the switch on the far left.

The top button  likely a battery disconnect (the symbol looks like a battery with a bar sinister over it) At first I thought the emergency start but I looked again.

THe bottom one I'm not sure.  On my RV (Intruder) the only not-labeled stitch is mirror heater.

But it's off on a different spot.

No air horns on the roof, now at least.  It looks like the upper left battery disconnect switch was added later.  I think I have a paper in the files where this was a recall fix.  Neither of the battery disconnect switches light up, and it looks like they should.  Also....at my chassis battery, there is a manual, copper disconnect lever.  When I open this switch, nothing in the coach will work.  Not even the lights which I thought were powered by the house batteries...Not sure what these battery disconnect switches are actually disconnecting

Since you seem to have a manual "knife" switch to disconnect the house batteries, I'd use that.  The electrical switch on my Daybreak stopped working and I replaced the solenoid to get it back in working order.  Cleaning the old one didn't work for me.  I think simple is better..
My Damon Daybreak is a 2001 and the dash switches are not the same as your layout.  I don't have any switch that looks like your unknown switch.  I do have one labeled "CC" and that will flash your clearance lights to "thank" truck drivers if they show you road courtesy.
Is your unknown switch an on-off switch or a momentary switch?  Can you see it do anything when you use it?
Let us know if you find out what it does, please.

RTsRV

The battery disconnect switch on the upper left is a rocker type switch.  The green switch is an on-off switch.

Seems like it ought to be easy enough to determine if either of those battery switches does anything. Remember there are two separate 12v systems, each with its own battery, so two disconnects is not out of the question. When not using shore or genset power, flip the switch and see what power is lost. House lights and such would be the house battery disconnect. Dash functions would be chassis battery.

Yesterday, I cleaned the connections on my chassis battery and when hooking it back up, I messed around with the blade disconnect at the battery itself.  That disconnect disconnects everything, house batteries and chassis battery.  When that switch is disconnected, nothing works, no interior lights and no power at the ignition switch.  (it won't start / no radio etc..)  That may be by design, I just assumed it would disconnect the house batteries.  I will fool around with those buttons this evening.  Thanks for the tips.

If that one blade switch cuts all power to both the chassis and engine, it is probably disconnecting the ground for both systems.  If that one blade switch is disconnecting the power or plus 12 VDC cable, it would mean both the house batteries AND chassis battery are connected and on one circuit.  That would be strange.

We will be taking a couple trips this month dry camping in a state park, and in Shenandoah National Park.  So, I wanted to check out my batteries and such to make sure everything is ok.  FYI..in July we did a trip out to Yellowstone / Grand Tetons / Rocky Mtn and had no troubles.  But...we were plugged in most every night.  Anyway, I've had the solar panels turned on for a few days now, and I'm getting 13.5 - 14 volts usually on a sunny day.  When I checked the interior lights the past few evenings, they get dimmer and dimmer each day while the batteries are being charged.  Today, the lights wouldn't come on at all.  I took my multi-meter and checked the house batteries (with the solar panel switched off) and I get 12.95 volts.  I checked the chassis battery, and zip, zilch, nada.  I now have the chassis battery trickle charging and I now also have interior lights. 

This makes no sense to me.  How can my interior lights be dependent on my chassis battery?  Referring to my earlier post about the dash buttons, I have the rocker disconnect switch, an on off switch below an icon of a battery with a circle and line drawn through it and a blade disconnect at the battery itself.  Is it possible that a solenoid is keeping the house batteries disconnected?  I'm pretty sure the house batteries are powering my hydraulic jacks & generator start, why wouldn't they power the interior lights? 

Back
Top Bottom