Damon Intruder 350W entrance door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afftax

We have a 2004 Damon Intruder Model 350W.? Worst mistake I have ever made, but we are stuck with it for now.? Initial, ongoing, and current problem is the entrance door.? The interior screen door part of the door rattles constantly.? We have tried everything we can think of to correct the problem and have had no luck.? The door will not seal against the exterior door and the coach body tightly enough to stop the rattle.? It rattles enough to intefer with normal conversation while traveling down the road.? Damon's customer service has been as useless on this problem as they have been on every other problem (of which there have been many) we have had with this motorhome.

Does any one out there have any suggestions??

Afftax.  If you happen to visit the Detroit. MI area I can take a look at it, however as I posted in another thread... I'll look at mine when I get a chance.  Likely in abot 10 days as I get exactly no sleep this week (working 7pm to 9am today 8p to 9a mon to thu and 5pm to 9a fri, sleep saturday./

Afftax,

Would it be possible to attach a photo of your screen door to a reply in this thread?  Use the Additional Options at the bottom left of the message composition screen to attach photos with a reply.

Depending on the type of screen door and where the rattle occurs there could be some solutions.

Please describe or point out in your photo exactly what is rattling.

If there is a decorative grill installed to protect the screen, and if it's the grill that rattles, inject some silicone sealant, the same color as the grill, if possible to solidify the assembly.

If the rattle occurs between the entry door and the screen door, get some closed cell foam from a home renovation store or auto parts supply.

Closed cell foam comes in a variety of widths and thicknesses, so you need to buy a size that will be a Little thicker than the space to be filled.  Closed cell foam is self adhesive and is sold in rolls.  Do not use open cell foam for this application.

Back
Top Bottom