Dash/Cockpit fan placement.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Lou

I am preparing to install a pair of 12volt fans in the cockpit area of my old bounder.

Question:  Do I?

Install them to the dash in the center? or on the corners?  to the overhead, in the center? or on the corners?

I'm looking for opinions from both an aesthetic and functional point of view.

Any suggestions short of... "keep the fans, get rid of the Bounder'  will be appreciated. lol  ;D ;D

lou

Lou.
On both my old 88 pace and on this 05 sun-voyager the fans are on the overhead in the corners.

Hope this helps you.

Earl

Our previous 02 Dolphin LX had them overhead in the corners, aimed criss-cross so that they did not blow directly onto either driver or passenger. Seemed to work fine that way.

Thanks guys, for the answers.  I'll use the overhead installation as I was leaning that way anyway.

Are these fans in place for cooling, or mainly defogging the windshield?  Or both?  In the summer it seems like they would be pulling in and blowing out hot air from the sun-blasted windshield.  My perspective could certainly be wrong though.  ;) 

Also, what kind of fans are you getting?  I have a 12v oscillating one provided by the previous owner of my rig, but it's so loud that it's impractical to leave running if you expect to have a conversation with the passengers while driving.

I've got 4 of the 12 volt and never use them  I think they are in a sac or box under the bed

scottydl said:
Are these fans in place for cooling, or mainly defogging the windshield?  Or both? 
A little of both I would think.  Here in the south it's not unusual to have condensation on the windows every morning.  I'm hoping they move some air from the cockpit in both summer and winter.  I don't intend to have them directed at any occupant of the coach.  lou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom