Dashlane, password manager

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tvman44

Is anyone familiar with Dashlane, a password manager?  Trying to figure out if the passwords are stored on your computer or on-line.  I have been using LastPass and it is Ok but I just don't like the idea of my passwords stored on line.  I used to use Signup Shield which stored my passwords on my computer but they did not keep up with FireFox so I had to quit using that, and I really liked it.

I use LastPass and have found the ability to retrieve my passwords from another computer (when I was away from home) to be invaluable.  I understand your concern about online storage, but LastPass has an excellent reputation as far as I can determine.

Stay with LastPass, it encrypts your data before it's uploaded to the LastPass server using your master password.  Be sure to use a strong master password (and don't forget it) and your data is as safe as possible.  Since LastPass doesn't know your master password, they cannot possibly decrypt your data.  One big advantage of LastPass is it's cross browser and cross platform.  I use it on Firefox, Chrome, as well as my Android devices.

If you don't need the cross browser/platform feature, then there are other password managers, but I would still recommend LastPass as their security protocols are known.

I use RoboForm-to-go. Very similar to lastpass, however the program resides on a flash drive you can use anywhere. I also am not keen on net based password storage.

A program I use is called Password Corral. It is a great FREE program that keeps everything local to your hard drive. Also the file you create is encrypted and seperate from the program. It will also keep the url of the site you are going to that is clickable from within the app.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom