Davis Cabinets work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your new computer desk looks great, Tom.  I've never seen a poor job from Davis!  Once you get the chair you want lets have a picture of you at work at the desk  ;) .

The desk and cabinets came out OK Don, but there was some sloppy workmanship when installing the shelf under the TV. The guy wasn't able to get the TV out, but yanked on it and tore one hold-down screw out. He said "I can't do anything about that".

His plan B was to use screws to one side of the shelf and silicone to support the other side. When I objected and explained that silicone wasn't going to support the shelf with a DVD player &/or VCR on it, he agreed and decided to try putting a screw in at angle, which meant insufficient wood. I tried to let him know that wouldn't work, but he went ahead and split the end of the new shelf.

Plan C was to glue the end of the shelf and use metal L-brackets with very small screws which I think will tear out the first time I put a load on it. At that point it was easier for me to put larger/longer screws in when I get home.

When he left, he didn't clean up and I left the sawdust on the bed, not saying anything, but letting Shaun discover it.

I guess I'm just too picky.

Not really Jim. He made a joke about the sawdust on the bed, but still left it for us to clean up. I didn't bother to talk to him about the other stuff, but might if I see him when I go back tomorrow to pick up the Corian. His guy wasn't having a good day - he'd been sick for 3 days. Also, I turned up a day early (by Shaun's calendar, not mine), so I guess I should be grateful he got me into the schedule.

Tom,

I'd definitely talk to Shaun about it. When work is done by anybody they should clean up any mess they have made.

Tom,

Sorry to hear about the sloppy work on the shelf under the tv.  That defiinitely doesn't sound like Sean's normal quality to me.  Hope you get it taken care of to your satisfaction.

We don't plan to take the coach back to Davis,  Don. We're currently at the Monaco service center in Harrisburg and our appointment is tomorrow morning. Don't yet know how many days we'll be here, but we'd like to be home Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Have plans for the weekend and I have stuff to do before we leave home Friday or latest first light Saturday.

I have to drive over to Junction City tomorrow to pick up some Corian that Shaun's supplier screwed up on. I'll be cutting/installing that myself when we get home. I'll also fix the TV and shelf myself. This really was sloppy workmanship.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom