Day Stop in Destin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spidey69

The family wanted to stop for the day in Destin and go to the beach for a few hours on the way through to Orlando.  Has anyone done this? 
Are the beaches set up to pull in an RV or is the a place in town to park and unhitch the dinghy?

THANKS!

Shayne

Been a few years since I've been there, but you  used to be able to pull on the beach.  However with the way things build up, I wouldn't want to lead you astray.  Perhaps others may know.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
After watching a couple of RV's get stuck in the sand I park and drive the beaches with our toad! ;D ;D

Barb

Click Here To See Where I Am http://map.datastormu
West of Destin is Navarre Beach.
9201 Navarre Pkwy
Navarre, FL  32566
Tel: (888) 639-2188

The campground has damaged from the hurricane, so give them a call, it might be opened. The day use area is a perfect day spot. Beautiful sugar white beach. Picnic tables, and flushies. Once you get there, you won't wanna
leave.

Enjoy
Barb

BruceinFL

Best bet would be to take the Navarre Bridge over and park in the fishing pier parking lot. With all the condos, etc no place to park in Destin unless you can find a spot on the west side of the pass bridge.

cheryl

Henderson Beach State Park right across from the S Walmart is a great place.  Might want to check it out.  Great palce especially for a longer stay. C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dablingking
Top Bottom