dealer fees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkirk

I am looking to purchase an rv in vermont: Jayco jayflight 195 rb2022. The destination charge and prep fee are about $ 600.00 each for a total of $1200. Is this standard in the industry or are the fees high? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Is this standard in the industry or are the fees high?
Such fees are set by each dealer and typically vary by the distance from the RV factory and such things as labor rates that they must pay their workers. They are not usually negotiable. Any negotiations are usually on the total price paid and not individual parts of that price.

Hi : I appreciate the response from both of you. I think the fees are insane; but at least I know they are not out of line. Thanks again

The RV manufacturer set the MSRP with the assumption that it included any necessary dealer prep but not any delivery/shipping costs from factory to dealer. That cost varies widely with the distance, timeliness, and method of delivery. Automobiles, trucks, and heavy equipment are all priced the same way.

When RV dealers began to steeply discount (25% or more) their advertised price, it became common to exclude prep and perhaps other necessary services from the selling price and add it back in as a fee, thus enabling them to advertise a more attractive price. Naive buyers who fail to get a bottom-line (out-the-door) price quote often get surprised with the add-ons. Other items often added back as a fee include documentation fee (filling out the required paperwork), dealer fee (extra profit), and pre-delivery inspection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom