Delete bathroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jpe8080

Any thoughts on deleting the bathroom in a class C so as to use the space? Just wondering if anyone here has had the same thoughts... I?m not a fan of cleaning tanjs

One of the biggest reasons most of us buy our own RV is because we want our own bed, our own toilet, our own shower and our own kitchen.  If you get rid of your bathroom you may not be able to sell it in the future.  I can't imagine not having a bathroom available if you have an RV.  I left campground "facilities" behind when I quit tent camping!

ArdraF

If that's what suits you, why not?  If you just remove the sink base & toilet and leave the shower stall, you could restore it later for trade-in or resale.

Edit: restored a phrase that got lost in editing: "...the sink base & toilet and leave..."

Again for resale, rather than removing the bathroom, why not just buy or build shelves and cabinets to take over the space? (Over the toilet and sink, and in the shower stall.)

I agree with Scott.  Leave everything there and winterized and customize it as a closet.  It could be really hard to sell with no bathroom!

Welcome to the RV Forum Jpe8080

I with the keep the bathroom and just change your use of the space. The bathroom and the bed are the main reason we wanted a RV over hotels.

Gizmo100 said:
Welcome to the RV Forum Jpe8080

I with the keep the bathroom and just change your use of the space. The bathroom and the bed are the main reason we wanted a RV over hotels.

Why? Hotels have bathrooms and beds and usually a bar. Use the bar to its full extent and the bathroom and bed aren?t nearly as memorable.  8)

Oldgator73 said:
Why? Hotels have bathrooms and beds and usually a bar. Use the bar to its full extent and the bathroom and bed aren?t nearly as memorable.  8)

Funny you should ask.....

I've been taking a friend to Jacksonville FL for chemo treatments. We stay in a very nice hotel the night before the appointment. The bed is blah and the shower is poor at best. I'm sure it's due to some conservation laws to save the water.

So far 3 trips and 3 crappy showers and 1 OK bed

We were long time prolific tent campers and then pop up campers, generally being gone 45+ nights a year. We used campground facilities because we had to. I have spent far too much time worrying about the floors and walls in public showers, even wearing flip flops to stay away from the ick. Add to that trying to dry and dress in tiny damp cubicles, and I will take my very own clean bathroom and shower any day. I second the recommendation to just repurpose the existing space rather than removing it.

ArdraF said:
One of the biggest reasons most of us buy our own RV is because we want our own bed, our own toilet, our own shower and our own kitchen.  If you get rid of your bathroom you may not be able to sell it in the future.  I can't imagine not having a bathroom available if you have an RV.  I left campground "facilities" behind when I quit tent camping!

ArdraF
:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Gizmo100 said:
Funny you should ask.....

I've been taking a friend to Jacksonville FL for chemo treatments. We stay in a very nice hotel the night before the appointment. The bed is blah and the shower is poor at best. I'm sure it's due to some conservation laws to save the water.

So far 3 trips and 3 crappy showers and 1 OK bed

I think Giz and Gator are becoming the Frick and Frack show of RV Forum.

Bill N said:
I think Giz and Gator are becoming the Frick and Frack show of RV Forum.

I had to find something to do after retiring....Nothing better than poking an old Gator with a big stick ;D

Seems to me that Jpe8080 ought to make up his own mind about why he bought the RV and the value of a private toilet or shower. His priorities are obviously different than some others.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Seems to me that Jpe8080 ought to make up his own mind about why he bought the RV and the value of a private toilet or shower. His priorities are obviously different than some others.

Well, he/she DID ask for opinions.

Gary RV_Wizard said:

I only offered my thoughts on removing the bathroom....The OP asked for our thoughts on the idea.

If the OP had asked how do I remove the bathroom then I would say his mind is made up and not comment regarding the decision to remove the bathroom.

Oldgator73 said:
More like poking a big Gator with an old stick.  ;D

It may be an "Old Stick" but it's still able to keep a Big Gator in his place ;D ;D

Gizmo100 said:
It may be an "Old Stick" but it's still able to keep a Big Gator in his place ;D ;D

On the TV show Swamp People, they usually put a .22 bullet in the back of the head to quiet down rowdy gators.

Bill N said:
On the TV show Swamp People, they usually put a .22 bullet in the back of the head to quiet down rowdy gators.

It has been tried. Ricocheted and hit the shooter. The wife did recover from that wound and vowed to try a meaty part of my body next time.  ;)

We completely opened up the bathroom, capped off the plumbing for the sink and shower (in case we later change our minds), and disguised the toilet as a bench. But we rarely stay in the same place for long, and we are content to shower at the gym or other facilities. We purchased an older RV, knowing that we wanted to remove the bathroom, so we felt less concerned about resale.

I'd love to know what you decide to do!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom