Delivery "games"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

This past week we have been getting a runaround between the dealer and the manufacturer.? Finally on our own initiative we made some calls.? First directly to the manufacturer.? We learned that the home had been assigned to a professional driver for nearly a week, but was not picked up until the 27th.? Then we called the transport company, Horizon, and with the driver?s name in hand we were able to get them to admit the driver held the coach from Friday,over Memorial Day weekend, until yesterday.? It was not straightforward getting the tel nr of Horizon.? Their web site gives no phone numbers at all.? But it does say they are located in Wakarusa Indiana, and from Information I was able to get their phone number.

Apparently they were dragging their feet at the dealer?s request.? We are obviously disturbed with the dealer as we finally unraveled the mystery.? The dealer in Thurmont MD is running an open house this entire week that lasts until Saturday.? They apparently did not want delivery of the vehicle until after this coming weekend so they could focus on their open house.? In the end this means a total of a 2 week delay in delivery and the dealer wanted it delivered on the 8th, a day after my cataract surgery.? I am not supposed to drive for a week and on the 15th we become homeless when the house closes.? My wife had scheduled an ?open house? for the home on wheels on the 18th, her last day of work, and she has no more vacation time after this week?s already scheduled time.? And then she is taking a trip with girl friends she will not see for another year.? Non refundable hotel reservations at a resort.? When we figured it all out we realized, given the dealer?s ?contrived? schedule, we could not actually pick up the MH before June 24th, almost a month after our planned window for pickup.

I think the dealer is appalled we actually had the balls to track all this down on our own.? I thank Terry Brewer for his message yesterday, scaring me enough to get on the phone.? ?:D

The sad thing about all of this is that it is having the effect of turning what was an excellent dealer-client relationship into a very sour one.? I would like nothing better than to find a way to restore the relationship, and I have asked them to find a way to make this thing work.

This is so intolerable, we told the dealer we will be on their doorstep this Thursday afternoon and we have hotel reservations in Thurmont for Thursday through Sunday night.? I do not know where this will lead, but I know the dealer is squirming now.? We pretty much caught them red-handed playing around with the delivery schedule.? I was able to convince Horizon to drive all day yesterday, and the MH is waiting at their gate this morning. <g>

I suspect that Horizon thought I was the dealer when I called, but I did not misrepresent myself.? I simply called Horizon, did not give my name, asked for ?transport?, again did not give my name, and asked for the status of John Care?s (the driver) Newmar delivery in a very businesslike voice.? I had gotten his name from Newmar.

They told me he was in Wakarusa, and would leave on Wednesday and be in Maryland by Friday.? I asked why it would take 2 days and could he leave on Tuesday?? They said why sure and would be glad to accommodate my request for faster delivery.? I even said I did not want safety jeopardized, and they said no problem and that their ?normal? interval was, in fact, one day from Indiana.?

From the conversation I was able to infer that someone had asked them to take their time.? They seemed pleased to speed things up.

Good thing you took bull by te horns and found out just what is going on.  Based on the dealers actions and false information I think I would insist they pay a penelty for evey day the coach was late.  I know I would get to the head guy at the dealership and let him know how you feel about their lies regarding delivery.  Kinda let them know you will be attending the open house and would feel obliged to tell about your experience with the dealer. ;D

Anyway we are glad you will be getting your new home soon.

Good luk on the upcoming surgery.

Smoky,

In addition to the missing peanalty in your contract --remind him tha the RV Forum has 671 RVer's and all of them have freinds. Does he want to be on the "Do Not Buy From!" List? This is a travisty and Newmar needs to know thay have a shady dealer like that as well.

Well a happy ending Ron.

When the Beckley people arrived at 7 am, the coach was already there and the driver had helped himself to the water outlet and washed down the coach. ?I am told it looks gorgeous. ?My salesman says they seldom see plank flooring and he wishes he could use it as a show model this week.

The dealer is all apologetic now. ?They are putting their top prep mechanic "Cookie" on the prep work. I met her last month and she knows her stuff. ?They have already confirmed all the options and custom jobs are intact and working. ?By this afternoon it will be turned over to the detailers. The detail work will be completed either late today or first thing tomorrow. ?They have confirmed that I can do my pre acceptance inspection tomorrow afternoon. ?Then dealer show and tell on Friday. ?Friday evening they install the toad breastplate and hitch. ?Saturday morning the Big Sky makes his way home. ?At least to his temporary home before heading West.

Looks like a sure thing Ron, that I will be placing that dish order July 1.

LOL Bob I just saw your message as I was getting ready to post this.

I place all of this on the dealer, not Newmar.  All Newmar knew was they had to wait a few days to get a driver assigned.  Horizon transport also responded well  in this matter after I called.

I don't hold grudges, and the dealer is now impressing me with the response.  I really think all they wanted to do was focus on their open house.  Not right, but I can see the motivation since I was already locked up.  They are making amends and already I feel I am getting special treatment as part of the implied apology.  I have had good service from Beckleys for several years, and my desire is to continue to have an excellent relationship with them.  I think things are going to work out fine for everyone.

I am writing a thank you letter to Horizon and driver John Care. ?What an appropriate last name. ?

Bob I sure do appreciate the show of support however.  I feel this forum is a real family.  Really real!

Also thanks here to Terry Brewer for prodding me at just the right time. ?If I had not made those calls yesterday, the coach would not have arrived until Friday.

Smoky,

Glad to hear your coach is at the dealers and things are underway.  Thanks for the update.  I bet the dealer was red faced when they found out you were aware of their actions.  Please keep us updated on your walk through and official delivery to you. 
Sam & I are looking forward to the walk through at Sam's Camp.

Smoky,

Sounds like your work got the job done, inspite to the dealership.  Good luck with your cataract surgery and I hope your wife and her friends have a great time.  Hope you like that new LARGE class A.

Thanks Len & Jo.  Nice to here someone call it a LARGE Class A, after all the Dutch Star and Mountain Aire people call us their little brother.  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom