Delivery of WInnebago motorhomes job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabrooks

Hi, I read your post and was very interested in the fact that they may need drivers. I have a friend who is partially disabled and is out of work. He has a class A CDL license and delivering motorhomes would be something he could do. If they do need drivers and you could get me a contact number we may be able to help a person in need. I am a forum member so if you could send me a PM I would appericate it.
Thanks

Thanks again. My friend did get in touch with Bennet. I am not sure how things will pan out but I will let you know.

John, Didn't they (Bennett) have an office right over by the company that does the painting for Winnebago?
I was under the impression that the transport company uses local people for drivers.
It will be interesting to hear how the call turns out.

Clay - apparently Bennett has a local office in FC (don't know where exactly) probably as a liaison with Winnie Ship Out.  I don't know where the drivers come from. 

dabrooks said:
Hi, I read your post and was very interested in the fact that they may need drivers. I have a friend who is partially disabled and is out of work. He has a class A CDL license and delivering motorhomes would be something he could do. If they do need drivers and you could get me a contact number we may be able to help a person in need. I am a forum member so if you could send me a PM I would appericate it.
Thanks

If your friend has a one ton dually, 5th wheel deliveries are also a good option...there are a few drivers on another forum I belong to.

Staff edit: Fix broken close quote tag

John Canfield said:
Excellent!  I've heard that delivering RVs is a tough business and it's difficult to make much money at it.
My father delivered M/Hs after he retired from the car business (He owned a Pontiac Dealership in Los Angeles for 30 years). He loved doing it because he loved driving the country. However, the $ paid his expenses and airfare home without a lot left (he wasn't doing it for the $). He prided himself on being able to do 1,000 miles a day (do the math). My mother was dead and it was something to keep him busy. Anyone that expects more than that may be disappointed.

He was nearly killed in a head-on collision with an out of control 18-wheeler on black ice roads in Texas. He died of cancer 2-years later. He LOVED driving those M/Hs though.

Friends that we camp with at Imperial Dam did it as a husband and wife team. They never said how much they earned, but seemed happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom