Delta Strummers continue to practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The Delta Strummers continue to practice on Tuesday evenings. Our Music Director is a Musical genius, and continues to work us through the songs by practice and his patient teaching. We continue to play/sing in multiple genres, and each season introduce "new" songs with increasing difficulty.

A couple of interesting new-to-us tunes:

Pachelbel's Canyon
Washington Square

We have some upcoming concerts. Meanwhile, we're waiting for our Music Committee to reduce the 40 potential songs to a single (shorter) playlist.

Our county has lifted the mask mandate, which makes it better to sing and hear each other.

I really like the 2nd one!
Aye, I need to dig out my plectrum banjo for that one.
Tom, how is your voice now?
Rene,
I've sung solo a couple of times recently sans a mic'. After Tuesday's practice, our MD called me to say "your voice is back!". I don't feel I'm there yet but, if the audience thinks I am, I won't argue.

Hey, that's great news about your voice, Tom. Even if you're not totally pleased, at least it's usable now.
Aye Larry, this was a long road - 3 years working with UCSF. Early on, they ruled out things like damage to the vocal chords or trachea, and diagnosed insufficient breath (air) to support the notes. I've been asthmatic for as long as I can remember, but it had never before inhibited my ability to sing or to project. UCSF changed all my asthma meds, and added a twice-monthly injection ($5K/pop).

Our Music Director continues to focus on a few of the more difficult songs. One that I personally find challenging and need to practice between rehearsals is Washington Square. Rearranging these guys' offering to a ukulele and playing it is proving to be a challenge, even with a mandolin playing the solo. It's a great tune if we can pull it off:

Our Music Director continues to focus on a few of the more difficult songs. One that I personally find challenging and need to practice between rehearsals is Washington Square. Rearranging these guys' offering to a ukulele and playing it is proving to be a challenge, even with a mandolin playing the solo. It's a great tune if we can pull it off:
We have the final music tweaks, and have started selling tickets to our concerts. It's a modest venue (approx 200 audience + 40/50 performers) - due to fire dept rules. OTOH when we've had a larger audience at a similar venue, I was in the front row of the band and knee-to-knee with the front row of the audiience.

Attachments

• Delta Strummer Flyer.pdf
    359.1 KB · Views: 2
That's really good news Tom.

is that $5K 'out of pocket?'
Fortunately not Russ. I initially received a call from the insurance company saying it wasn't covered, so I would be out of pocket for the full $5K. They called back and said "we've granted a lifetime exception and put it in level 4 in our formulary, and your copay will be $400/month". Better than $5K/mo.

The following day, the manufacturer called and said "we're giving it to you free". Pick me up off the floor!

Only 2 rehearsals to go, and I'm still struggling with playing a couple of the numbers (chord switching issues). Meanwhile, our Music Director has been working offline with one of the breakout groups that needed some help. I have every confidence that he'll get us all sharpened up for the live performances.

Back
Top Bottom