Delta Strummers school scholarship program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The kids excelled in their two concerts yesterday! In the morning, the entire school was in the audience and applauded enthusiastically. In the evening, family members filled the audience and were treated to a great show by these budding musicians.

It's clear that many of these kids 'have the bug', and parents were given info on where and what to buy for kids who wish to continue over the summer holidays. A number have already purchased their own ukuleles.

Attachments

• Garin-concert2.jpg
    Garin-concert2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 11
I love it when kids get fired up about learning.

Just an FYI....The guitar on the left needs to set on a stand. That's a terrible way to treat an instrument.  ;D

[quote author=Gizmo100]The guitar on the left needs to set on a stand. That's a terrible way to treat an instrument.[/quote]

I'll let him know  ;) . Personally, I always use a stand, and normally so does this bass guitar player.

I absolutely love this! Music is so rewarding in and of itself, but it also has a huge influence on young minds in others ways too. It must be incredibly rewarding to see what these young folks accomplish.

Aye, rewarding is a good description. All 12 trainers also learned a lot about how to effectively coach the kids and encourage them on their musical journey.

Congratulations on the resounding success and on the impact you have had on these youngsters. Well done to you guys and them.

Thanks Jackie. We (I) learn more than the kids.

Our challenge going forward is that the school would like to expand the program to more students/classes. That would require us to buy a lot more instruments ($$$), and we'd likely wear out the trainers. Some parents have also expressed a desire for a class.

Wow, I didn't know that schools also provide scholarship programs. I knew that many universities offer this kind of program. One of these universities marked the beginning of my career. I went to study philology. Previously, my main goal was to go to university with a good scholarship. I was able to find a decent university thanks to https://www.listsofscholarships.com/engineering-scholarships/. In the middle of my university studies, I worked part-time for a company as a translator. This was the beginning of my career, and now I live in prosperity.

Wow, I didn't know that schools also provide scholarship programs. I knew that many universities offer this kind of program. One of these universities marked the beginning of my career. I went to study philology. Previously, my main goal was to go to university with a good scholarship. I was able to find a decent university thanks to https://www.listsofscholarships.com/engineering-scholarships/. In the middle of my university studies, I worked part-time for a company as a translator. This was the beginning of my career, and now I live in prosperity.
This is not a school-funded scholarship; It's funded and supported by the band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom