Dental work in Algodones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prfcdoc

I would like to thank the forum members for guiding me to Algodones for my dental issues. I had to have a difficult extraction of a wisdom tooth root that would have cost me in excess of $6 due to anesthesiologist fees and surgical center charges plus the oral surgeon fees. I also needed a crown and tooth cleaning. The US fees were quoted as $7,340. I had it done in Algodones for $490. Perfect results. And, by the way, the retained wisdom tooth root was because of an incompetent American dentist who never told me he left the root. I was self employed for 42 years and never could afford dental insurance. My personal opinion is that we really need some changes in our health care system.

Some things to think about if you're planning on going there are that you need to be aware of your own medical issues. I was never asked about joint replacement (I have two) and no one checked my blood pressure.  I needed prophylactic antibiotic treatment that I took care of myself and my blood pressure is under exemplary control. Just make certain you're aware enough to be safe.
Bob

Many of the Los Algodones dentists have been trained in the US, and proudly display their diplomas from US dental schools. But, like their local optical providers, they don't have access to all the equipment available to US-based dental offices.

Yeah, my dentist has new (to me) technology where he runs a measuring device over and around tooth that needs a crown and the damn thing cuts and forms the crown downstairs. Crown is ready to fit in 20 minutes. No temporary crown or follow ups. I was blown away. Crown was also about 30% cheaper than one I got 5-6 years ago from him even with inflation.
  I?m 77-79 (don?t want to do math) and would like to get out of this world with all my own teeth. Have 3 crowns though.

We have not been to any of the Algodones dentists but your experience mirrors that of several friends and acquaintances who have been and will likely go ourselves when in the area.

I'm heading to Los Algodones tomorrow for a possible crown.  I cracked a large filling in a rear molar and need it replaced or a crown put in.

I've been seeing Dra. Virginia Castro annually for the past 20 years and I'm happy with the care I've received from her office over the years.  This filling is older than that, it was put in by an American dentist who warned me at the time that it could fail.  So I'm pretty happy it lasted this long, giving way when it was hit by a piece of bone in a hamburger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom